Tuesday, March 20, 2007

How Fast They Grow


Hello all! I've missed you! Just have not been 100% healthy the last couple weeks. Kinda like "Oh, I'm feeling better!....Oh, not so much..." All my blogging has been hit or miss, but I truly miss my blogging friends!!

Today I want to share with you a little handprint my son made years ago. I found it in a box stuck in my closet. We moved here two years ago, and that box was just filled with odds and ends so it ended up in my closet. I SWEAR everything else is unpacked!!! About two weeks ago we had a snow day. I wasn't feeling very well then,but I did a little rummaging around and found that box. I found some neat nick nacks, some junk, some books and this sweet little handprint.

Oh, how could it have been stuck away in this box?

It's made of wood so my guess is is that each handprint was the same and the child got to add their own decorations. Greg penciled in fingernails and his name on the back, carefully written to copy his teacher's writing on the front.
I don't even know what year it was from, no date, no teacher's name.

But, my, how it tugged on my heart as I looked at this little project. My boy is almost 13. How time does fly. Every momma says it and it's so true, time does fly. My "babies" are talking about driver's licenses and graduating! How can it be?

Looking back it amazes me how far we have come. My two children and I did not have the best start. I did not give them the best start. But God and His grace stepped in. We are now (and have been for seven years) a God-fearing, healthy, strong family. I am so proud of my children and all they have and will acheive.

But I get so choked up when I look at old pictures, and little handprints!
Where does the time go?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cherish those handmade goodies, they do grow up so fast! My youngest is almost 23 yr. old and it just seems like yesterday!

~~Mikki Jo said...

How precious. I have a few of those little handprints too. And my how fast they grow up. It makes me realize what really matters.

Mary L. Briggs said...

I blinked back a tear, Bonnie! Time does fly. My two are home on spring break--and one will graduate in May (college, not HS!) What a sweet post. It's always so neat and heartbreaking to find little things like that hidden away--bringing back a flood of memories when you find them!

Beach Girl said...

Bitter-sweet.....I know those memories well. I can not believe that my youngest will be 13 this summer. Yes, it happens too fast.

Vanessa

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Bonnie Girl,
Yes they sure do grow up fast. I am looking at my four Grand daughters now, and it seems like just a minute ago they were all babies running me crazy, now the youngest are going to be six. But don't worry Bon, if your kids turn out anything like mine, they don't go away. Which is good. I see them all very often, they all live close by. I have a lot of things from when mine were little too, I don't get it out to often because it is kind of sad happy.
Well speaking of kids, lets see Heather is 38 now, I have to go and take her to work, then since I am already out my car usually goes to the thrift store.
Hope you are feeling better now, maybe you just need spring.
NANCY JO

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I understand just how you feel! I did not get saved until I was 30 years old, (which was about 25 years ago now I hate to say). By then I had 3 kids ages 8,7, and 5. My life was racked with drugs and drunkeness. Then God in His great mercy and grace gave me Salvation and changed my life. He is a GREAT God!! Love Ya-Claudia O.