Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Some days...

Playing around with colors and templates last night, I somehow ended up with all my links and what not at the bottom of the page. I don't know how, I have figured out that if I redo it all it will be back at the right place. That's just not going to happen today. I have ANOTHER sinus infection; which is exactly the reason why I should not have been doing anything technical on here last night to begin with! I know better! So it you get to another blog from here, like the picture a day blogs, they are at the VERY bottom of the posts.

I did go to the Doctor yesterday for some antibiotics. I really protest antibiotics, but I just don't have the patience this week to nurse myself without them. Saturday is a way busy day, and I really need my wits about me. Our first "working" 4H meeting is at 1:00. We will be doing the pillow covers. Oh, Ellen, I forgot to post what we are doing! I will dear, don't worry. I already kinda screwed that up. I was cute and sent the girls reminder notes about our next meeting, but for some reason asked them to bring a 10 inch pillow form instead of a 14 inch. Duh! I'll make calls today to see how many has already purchased them. Thankfully, I made a mistake we can fix just by cutting our fabric smaller. Must learn to pay more attention to what I am up to!

After said 4H meeting, we are hosting a double birthday party for my MIL and her manfriend. I don't know what to call him, they've been together for over 10 years, they're not married, love them both, "boyfriend" just doesn't fit someone who is turning 70! Anywho, DH and I had talked about having them for dinner once a month. It's now March, we are two months behind. So I speak up and say, before the family comes over at 7:00, we should have Mom and G over for dinner. So, now it's dinner and a party!

Mercifully, we have a snow day today. Yes, all you spring bunnies, we are still in a deep freeze up here! Yesterday, when I headed to work, it was snowing so hard as soon as I brushed one side off my car, the other side was loaded up again. My drive is only a mile and a half through the village, and I had NO CLUE where I was!! You just couldn't see! All said that didn't last long and I don't think we got that much snow. The problem came when the winds kicked up. It's been a steady 30+ mph wind, and that means TOTAL white outs. When you are out on these country roads surrounded by open fields, or even the expressways surrounded by open fields for that matter, the wind just blows the snow everywhere and you see nothing! Not the car ahead of you the road signs or even the road. Our whole county is in a state of emergency today just to keep the traffic off the roads.I don't think the wind is quite as bad today, but I'm not out there. They just want to get everything cleaned up from yesterday.

I took some pictures of my backyard. Doesn't quite tell the whole story, but give you an idea.


13 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Hard to imagine snow like that ! We are in the high 90's here in Venezuela. I understand the technical problems. I have them and do not even have a sinus infection to blame.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh my goodness, you live in the Tundra! Brrrr... take care of yourself, a sinus infection is the WORST!

Rebekah said...

Bmoosie, Not again! Sick again? Bless your heart! Now, about the snow....I know you are probably sick of it by now (are you?) but I think it looks wonderful. What I'd give for a little of that stuff in the south. Your Blog is looking fabulous!!!!!!

Alpicks Treasures said...

I can see that I started something with changing the back grounds. Yours looks good. Keep playing but get your rest.. Hate to see a sick beemoosie

Beemoosie said...

Jungle Mom thanks for visiting! High 90's wow; but what are the bugs and snakes like in Venezula?

Mrs. G, and Rebekah, Yep, it's feeling like the tundra, no doubt! It "looks" beautiful, it FEELS terrible. That's the best way I can describe it, it just hurts to be this cold for this long!!

Allison, the black had to go. It was cool for some of my earlier snow pictures, but I am definately into more festive colors. I think it will stay this way for a while, I had to fix quite a bit today!!

XO

Beach Girl said...

I LOVE the new background~very Springy! :-)

I'm so sorry you're sick. I understand; that's what I had 2 weeks ago. If I were close by I'd make you a big pot of chicken noodle soup.

My prayers are with you for a speedy healing.

Vanessa

Ellen said...

the nosey neighbor again... take your time... your health and your family come first... I can play in your snow until you feel better.... don't forget to drink your Florida OJ... you are getting your vitamin c aren't you? I was running late for work and stuck my vitamins in my shirt pocket, thinking I would take them in the car on the way... then I forget and I'm at work... a gal gives me a handful of jelly bellys and I put half in my pocket... then later wanting a candy snack I pull out a few and pop them in my mouth before I realise I bit into my vitamin... I'm like this is the worst jelly bean before I remember I put the vitamin in there this morning... my work buddy was chuckling she said she wished she had a camera of my face... I might as well have had sour jelly bellys I puckered up so big... anywho long post to say take your medicine and eat right we care about you in the freeezy north.
I like your new color, it shows your quilt topper real clear. So how many snow days have you had this year? Do you have to make them up in June?
What did you cook for the dinner party?

Mary L. Briggs said...

I can't believe you are still getting snow!! You are one busy girl, I think you'll be glad you took those anitbiotics to get you back on your feet. Get well!

Elizabeth said...

BRRRR Bonnie,
Come south It is much warm. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Gee, I hope you didn't catch my sinus infection, you poor thing!! And more snow, I thought winter was over? I LOVE the pink, very spring like and easier on the eyes! Get feeling better soon, hugs!!
P.S. you asked about frames for scrapbook pages, I get mine from Micheal's whenever I get the big city but now walmart has them, called album frames but they are the same 12x12 size. Glad to hear we have another scrapper hooked!

Rita Loca said...

Better not to mention the bugs and snakes!

Ellen said...

Dear Bonnie,
Praying the no news or blogging is good news because you are out running around, feeling chipper and doing doing doing.
I pray you have a blessed weekend.

just me said...

Stopping by to say Hi!

Ps Love your header!