
My picture of grandma many years ago has a fitting spot in my sewing space now! And she's right next to my card basket, always filled with happy thoughts from my farmgirl friends!

I found that I have acquired quite a bit of lace lately. I love using it on aprons and hand towels. LOVE the handmade sort the best!

LOL, I just noticed my cuppa in the picture!! I treated myself yesterday to a green tea chai!! YUMMY!!
Anyhoo, Friday just as DH came in from work, I sat down at my work table to start making 4 1/2 square templates for each of the girls. And ladies, here is testimony to the sweet lovin' man I got: He went back to work and made them for me!!! Perfectly accurate, sturdy, reusable templates that took him a whole 5 minutes to make!!! What a man!!!
Saturday we had 11 girls and my G-man, plus 4 moms. Sadly I do not have pictures!! I could kick myself, but I find myself so busy I actually forget all about the camera. I taught the girls to use there template to trace two rows of 4 connecting squares on freezer paper. Then the iron the freezer paper onto their folded over fabric, and cut on the lines. Voila! I was afraid they would be bored with tracing, ironing, cutting....repeat, but they worked away at it for over an hour!!! I just get more excited each time I work with this group; they ENJOY this!! Saturday I am giving another class to some girls that missed our meeting the last time, so I promise to take pictures. I loved seeing all the different fabrics these girls chose. So absolutely gorgeous!!
Sunday after church, I sewed!!! Exciting because it's the first time in 2 or 3 weekends I have felt good enough to sew. I did some work on my sampler quilt. I worked on a Flying Geese block. Now, before you look at the pictures, which by the way, I am not to proud to share, remember a couple of things. First of all, I have only been quilting for two years, and secondly, each block I do on this quilt is new to me, first time, just figuring out the directions for the book. And lastly, I am pretending all these colors work together! I have mentioned before that this quilt is being made to use all my swap fabrics together, so I am biting the bullet and using all the fabric together no matter what!! That being said, here is my lousy Flying Geese square, that I will probably undo and start over!!! :)


Whew! Now you know!!
And now, to end the weekend tales, I show you that DH forgave me and fixed my peg shelf!! This also show a real nice picture of the apron Candismom made and sent me in the Bunny Hop Swap.


~Blessings
11 comments:
You've been one busy lady. Your space looks so cozy and inviting... I love sewing with children; but it takes much energy... I know how much fun you had and completely understand why you forgot to break out the camera, too! Ha!! The sampler is wonderful.
Boy you sure had a full day!!! I love the quilt blocks they are very pretty.
Good job Bon, I can just see how one thing led to another until the whole house was in an up roar over a few piles of material. I know I 'm always afraid to move anything for fear I will be in way over my head. Shelves are great, the more the better, always can find something to put on them, oh for example a MOOSE perhaps.
NANCY JO
Hi, Bonnie. I am so thrilled your 4Hers enjoyed their work involved with their first quilt. I love how you figured out a way for them to do their squares. They got to do it in a way that each could work by herself/himself and feel confident.
I know what you mean about not being able to take pictures in the midst of helping/being in charge. I am guilty of the same thing. We will just have to relate it all in words. You did an excellent job of writing about their excitement, the thrill and diligence of the kids.
Oh, the joy of cleaning and sorting, but boy, what pressure before the big day!! I am working my way through projects and sorting and cleaning as I go. It feels so good to be getting more organized and completing things. I bet you felt ready to tackle the world after reorganizing. I love open shelves. I love to see all those fabrics. Your space looks great. I can even see a few moose in there. :-)
I love the quilts. So wish I could do that! Thanks fro the comment yesterday!
Your doing a good job. The quilt looks great. Is that hard to do?
I am so glad those girls are loving learning to piece their quilts! You are doing a great job. I'm glad that you are feeling better and getting back into your quilt making, yourself. I love all the patterns you are doing for your sampler quilts--and stop being so hard on yourself. I've only quilting for three years--and not much this last year--so I know how hard some of those patterns are to get 'just right'. Even when they come out wrong, I always enjoy the effort anyway.
Hi, I'm a new reader from WA. Don't tear apart your flying geese square! Just square it up and be proud! You've done a great job with your stash. I was in the creative mood myself recently, so I made a quickie Easter runner. Used my stash, got the creative juices flowing, and didn't take too much time from DH, DS (10) and DD (8). I just love quilting because it has those historical roots to it and it's the ultimate recycling/re-using project--making something from scraps or old clothes. Take care, I've enjoyed your posts. Gretchen
Well,Bonnie, isn't just fun to do 4H. I know i had so much fun with my bunch. I don't quilt so to me your quilt looks great. I love all the different colors together. Mary beth
Oh Bonnie, I so looking forward to see those girls sew, maybe next time! I love the quilt squares and envy you your time sewing!
Don't kids yourself - your blocks look great! As a fairly new quilter you probably haven't learned the golden rule - all fabrics and colors go together! It's called scrappy and it makes the best quilts ever in my not so humble opinion. I wouldn't change a thing about your blocks!
Your new cleaned up sewing area looks great!
Post a Comment