Sunday, March 11, 2007

What A Weekend!


Wow! I think I just packed a weeks worth of work into 2 1/2 days!! Whew!! Friday I did some really fun shopping as I mentioned before. I still
can't show you pictures, and that is REALLY urking me! I will work on that this week. I bought my first old quilt. I won't call it an antique, as I have now clue of the age. Thursday night I read an article in one of my quilt magazine about a woman who collects vintage quilts. I loved how she displayed them; and I like the thought of women before me putting their time and love into their quilts. So when I was in the shop Friday, I found a quilt half price. It wasn't my favorite in the shop, but it was affordable to me, and it is pretty. It is a variation of the log cabin pattern, when I get the picture up, I will have the name of the pattern.

Friday night I did the cleaning bit; Saturday AM I had to go get groceries, come home and cut a few more pillow covers out and set up for our meeting. It was SO fun. We had 12 girls and my G-Man. Four moms came to help, and they brought their sewing machines. Everyone seemed to have alot of fun, and all their projects came out great. I am really encouraged with this 4H thing! What is even cooler is that my daughter just wants to sew, sew, sew now! Our next project will be a patchwork quilt. I gave them the supply list and they are excited to go pick out their fabric, they get to choose six different patterns. This project I am going to take slow, let them go at their own pace and learn terms and techniques as they go. I am so happy girls of this generation (and my G-Man!) want to learn to sew.

After the 4H meeting we tidied up and had my MIL and her man over for dinner to celebrate their March birthdays. It was a very simple meal of steak, baked potatoes and green salad. The rest of the family came over after dinner for a small party. My SIL brought an angel food cake with whipped cream/pineapple frosting. It was a really nice evening, but I was so tired by this point!! I really do feel about 95% right now, I just seem to tire out easily.

It feels like spring here today. Still chilly, but the sun was out all day and the snow was melting. Turning the clocks ahead is A-OK with me!! I love it being lighter later. NOW, I am getting gardening urge. It's too early though, so I settled with making a tea towel and starting a pot holder from a pattern I bought from Clotilde. It was nice to sew again today.

So all that and a lovely church service was my weekend. I hope all yours were lovely too!
~Blessings!

4 comments:

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. I'm so glad that the 4-H meeting went so well. I was in 4-H for several years and always enjoyed it, though we never got to do something as neat as making a patchwork quilt. I remember once I gave a demonstration on how to make tissue paper roses. The pictures were all blurry because my hands were shaking so bad! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your finds when you get it working. There is a very sweet book about women and the quilts they made in the 1800s and of course the title is escaping my mind. When I think of it I'll tell you! Have a great Sunday evening.

~~Mikki Jo said...

Busy lady!!!! Thanks for stopping by to see our cabin, and of course I'm going to act like I'm Caroline Ingalls, rofl

Nancy Jo said...

Bonnie girl,
You go and lay down right now! My goodness that was a busy weekend, and you didn't feel good all last week so save yourself and run for that bed.
I will be looking for the pictures you want to post this week of the things you bought last week. Sounds like you had a fun shopping day.
You have been busy, I must be a wimp, Aunt Glenda wore me out and she is 92.
NANCY JO

Ellen said...

Dear B,
Praise the Lord, more prayers answered... 4-h and a grand party ... way to pull it all together! Quilts do not have to be antiques to be loved! What colors was the one that called your name?
ooooo I'm with NancyJo do rest now and again... I care about your health, you tell swell picture stories ... you do not need photos when you write this well.Bee happy!

P