Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Feeling Poetic

A Plea

GOD grant me these: the strength to do
Some needed service here;
The wisdom to be brave and true;
The gift of vision clear,
That in each task that comes to me
Some purpose I may plainly see.

God teach me to believe that I
Am stationed at a post,
Although the humblest 'neath the sky,
Where I am needed most.
And that, at last, if I do well
My humble services will tell.

God grant me faith to stand on guard,
Uncheered, unspoke, alone,
And see behind such duty hard
My service to the throne.
Whate'er my task, this be my creed:
I am on earth to fill a need.

Edgar Guest

While looking for poetry to add to a scrapbook I am making for a friend's birthday, I came across this poem and thought it just beautiful. Very much my prayer in life!

8 comments:

Mary L. Briggs said...

Great poem you found, Bonnie. Thanks so much for posting it!

Beach Girl said...

Well said! OK.....Well posted!

:-)

Vanessa

Day4plus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the poem too! Didn't know you were into scrapbooking too, hum....we must share some ideas soon!

Dawn said...

As I was reading the poem, I thought "this would be great in my faithbook!" I guess great minds think alike! :) Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

...on Earth to fill a need. Wow!! I love this. Thanks a million, this is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie! The poem is beautiful! I know its been a long time since I have written but thanks for your prayers, I feel them! We are doing fine and much healthier! Lots of love to you!

~~Mikki Jo said...

Bonnie, thanks so much for sharing the poem. It's beautiful and really speaks to the heart. Have a great evening