Add llamas to my list of "Dream Farm Animals". You didn't know I had a DFA list? Well, surely I do! It includes chickens, especially the "fuzzy" ones, a cute cow like Aunt Jenny's Mona, and probably a horse for DD. I met the llamas last night (more pic's on Beemoosie's picture diary). They just seemed so lovable. For all I know they may have been totally offended that I dared to come near them with my camera, but I took it as they were enjoying my company! (man, that sounds like how I get through work some days!!)
DD's first tennis match ever went really well. She plays doubles with one of her best friends. They won their match and looked like they knew what they were doing. It was a bit more chaotic than I expected, but I got the hang of what was going on.
The weather here has been rainy on and off this week; cool then warmer then cool again. It's spring weather though, not threatening anything yucky like snow. (To qualify that statement; snow is NOT yucky in November, it IS yucky in late April.)The kids are going to a youth night bowling event with our church, so if it's nice out maybe DH and I will get in a walk. Tomorrow I'm tagging along with a few girls from work to my first visit to a big Five and Dime about an hour away. It sounds like it may have possibilities! DS has his first baseball game of the season in the afternoon. My gardens need serious attention, so the rest of the weekend I hope to get that in somewhere!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
~Blessings!
11 comments:
I agree, to every thing there is a season... and, 'hello'-- April (almost May!) is NOT the season for SNOW! Enjoy your weekend, am eager to hear about your five and dime roadtrip!
I so love llamas. I had never seen one until we lived in OR a few years back. They remind me of camels that God forgot to finish! Congrats to your daughter and friend on their tennis win. Our weather is rainy but pleasant. We are planning another hike for the weekend. xoxo
I understand exactly what you mean about snow in April!!!
I love Llamas too! Every time I see one I tell my husband I want one. Funny thing is- I feel the same way when I see horses, goats, and different kinds of dogs and cats! Oh well, Right now, I am quite happy with Buck!
Also wanted to let you know about the Charles Dickens- "Christmas Carol" book. It is a leather covered 1910 edition. It is yellowed, somewhat tattered and kind of fragile (as you can see in the picture). It's about 6 or 7 inches long. It is for sale and if you are interested just email me and I'll give you more info. There is no obligation Bonnie, just thought I'd follow up and let you know. Claudia O
I'm sure the llamas didn't mind being photographed. They probably enjoyed it.
I know NOTHING of tennis, and would be lost if I had to watch a match. BUT, if my child played, I'd be right there cheering. Do they cheer? I'm so used to football!
Have fun on your foray into the 5 and Dime. I'm jealous. :) I love llamas, too. It's funny--I don't care much for camels, and I know they're related, but llamas and alpacas are intriguing and sweet to me. I actually kissed a llama once. Don't worry, my marriage is still strong! :)
Congrats to your daughter on her tennis match. The five and dime sounds like fun. Hope you and hubby get a walk in alone! Llamas are adorable to look at but I'm not sure I would want one!
Sounds like a busy week-end for you and family. I hope you get everything done. Comgrats to daughter and friend for winning the match. MB
Hot diggety a winner! Great sport photo too. Most of mine come out blurry. Is your gal serving an ace... with snow in april will they need gloves to practice?
only thing missing is a lil orange and blue in her tennis togs :)
Hi, Bonnie. I am so glad your DD won her first match. Yeah!
I hope you got in a walk and the trip to the Five and Dime. happy hunting. What a great way to spend time with friends.
The llamas I have met "SPIT" . Did these ones not do that? I am curious. Thanks fo
or the fotos.
You are a busy Mommy. Hope your weekend went wonderfully. :-)
Mari-Nanci
Post a Comment