Friday, April 06, 2007

Busy, Busy Busy!

Well, ladies, it Friday again up here in the frozen North! Yes, we have snow and it is bitter cold again, AND it's forcasted to last most of April! More sewing time I guess!! :)

Wednesday, our first day of vacation, I woke up to my son, ummm, being ill...this lasted until about noon at which point he broke out into a fever and slept the rest of the day. So I stayed close by as I planned and got the bedroom cleaned and organized. It's ready for a new bed and paint as soon as DH is.

Yesterday, DS was feeling much better, but still tired so he spent most of his day on the couch. He does have an annoying cough now; he's stuffy so I'm almost wondering if it's allergies. The tree pollen is high, despite the snow!

Since G-man was feeling better and Grandma lives down the street I ran my errands yesterday morning. There was snow on the ground, but the roads were clear. I wanted to go to a wonderful Chocolate/candy store about 40 minutes away and then get some fabric for an envelope pillow for DD's friend's bday. I was headed towards my farmgirl friend's Nancy Jo's neck of the woods. The roads were clear until I just about got to the city I was headed for. Then all of the sudden I was in a blizzard and there was two inches of slush on the road! It was crazy! "What am I doing out in this?" All for a couple of chocolate bunnies! I actually missed the store the first time through because it was snowing so hard! But my radar found the fabric! That was a successful trip as you can see here. I didn't find the sports fabric DD wanted for her girlfriend, but found a lime green with bright daisy print for the pillow. Also found these:
And I was inspired for the quilt I am making my girlfriend from highschool. She found out Monday that her first babe will be a boy. She and her DH love fishing and the outdoors and have found the cutest fishing themed crib set. I found this fabric and am picturing the most adorable quilt. See the fish??? Ignore the moose, I don't know how they got there!

I haven't done any sewing yet. I am doing some embroidered signature blocks for a swap at MaryJanes. Today I think I'll finish up my log cabin blocks that have been waiting patiently for me to get back to them. I haven't found the border fabric I want for that quilt yet, but if I finish the blocks I'll feel better.
Have a blessed Easter. I pray you all spend it with the ones you love!

7 comments:

Day4plus said...

The fabrics you found are great. Moose? What moose? haha I hope your son is feeling better. It's no fun being sick on a break from school. Happy Easter to your family. MB

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much for your nice note on my blog! I really appreciate the prayers too, we sure need them here. Right now we're just surviving each day, can't wait till the day when I realize we're starting to get better. By the way, I enjoyed reading your blog! Your kids sound like wonderful kids!
Cheryl

Tammy said...

So nice to meet you...thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Come back any time, I'm bookmarking yours for a return visit ;)

Darla said...

Hello, its always nice to meet someone new. It looks like you could use those fabrics I found at the thrift better than I can. I loved looking back through some of your quilting posts.

Darla

Tanya said...

Thank you for visiting. Yes, your friend will be thrilled with a crib quilt with that nice fabric. Baby quilts are such a joy to make! You can just picture the baby lying under it, they don't really take that much time to put together and you have about 9 months to do it anyway (depending on when your told.) Pray with every stitch!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Bon,
Where were you shopping? Were you anywhere near me?
How is your son? Feeling better I hope, not suspose to get sick until after you eat the Easter candy.
Looks like you got a lot of sewing projects linned up, and you got your bedroom in order, good girl.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
NANCY JO

Mary L. Briggs said...

You are one busy girl, Bonnie! That quilt is going to be adorable. You have a Happy Easter, too. I've nominated you for a 'Thinking'blog award!