I also made a cute lil' something for a one-on-one Mother's day swap. Can't post a picture of that though; but I did some machine quilting and really liked how it came out.
Saturday, some of the local antique stores held a Peddler's Market at our local "hall". It was overwhelming to walk into!!! How the linens and quilts were calling my name...I was pretty reserved though and only bought 2 bags of buttons for 1.50 each and some crisp, white tea towels. Leaving there though I had quite gotten my fill of browsing so I found a new store to peruse. This one is set in a huge old barn out in the country. They had EVERYTHING! The first room was rows and rows of china cabinets filled with gorgeous dishes!! Boxes of buttons, tables filled with linens, a whole library of books.....I came away from there with some vintage cowboy material,
Ok, so back to the good stuff...I got a set of these tea towels,
We have snow again...nothing horrible. Hope you are all keeping warm!! And here's a P.S. to Carrie who asked about the apron package with the pans on the envelope. The pattern is for little girls dresses, to the image on the envelope must have been the magazines logo!
~Blessings
12 comments:
I love the block that you showed, and the vintage cowboy fabric. My mother would love something made from that!
Sounds like you had a delightful Saturday...I would have loved to have been along for that shopping trip!
Lots of treasures, and temptations! I'm glad you succumbed to some, they're wonderful... especially the cowboy fabric! Love that!! What a wonderful weekend for you, the weather's been wild here too.
i too like the vintage cowboy fabric. I did get a purse from Newslady made from COWGIRL fabric. I think you already saw it. What a wonderful saturday you had and now back to work. Is your son feeling better? MB
Oh, I would love to visit that big barn store out in the country. You got some great bargains. Sorry it is snowing on you again! I'm sure that spring will come sometime!
I'm so textile impaired; I live vicariously through you!
Vanessa
Wow, i thought i had left a comment here this morning, but I guess not! Must be losing my mind. I so admire anyone who can make such beautiful things!
You sure do make nice quilt blocks. I love the colors.
Hi Bonnie,
How pretty. I loe buttons too.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
I love the quilt blocks. It's been forever since I worked on a quilt. Seems like I'm just working on too many other things right now. Maybe I'll plan on one for the fall.
I loved your blog!I found it through my friend Tracy's blog! I will check back again soon!
Blessings,
Tina
What pretty finds, and the quilt block is wonderful!! I too love the cowboy fabric!
Love the cowboy fabric! Love your quilt block! What a wonderful day!
Post a Comment