Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blessings

Wow! It's Tuesday all ready! I've been busy here in Moosieland. Kind of the errands type of busy. Last week I did get all of my log cabin blocks sewn. I still have to find fabric for the sashing; a blue pattern/stripe. Nothing has called to me yet, so I guess I am setting that project aside for now. I am also working on some embroidered signature squares. Sunshine had some left over from a swap on MaryJane's forum, and I couldn't resist. Then a couple more girls joined and I said I'd swap with them too. So I'm trying to get a little speedier at my embroidery!! A neat sidenote here is that my daughter wanted to make her own signature blocks!! Yea! She made two beautiful ones before I got one finished!!! I will get pictures up this week.
Speaking of my daughter, yesterday I dropped her off for her week of missions work! She was so excited! If you think of it, keep all the kids and leaders in your prayers.
Easter was a cold but beautiful day! How could it not be beautiful, remembering that our Savior is Risen!!? After church we went over the river and through the woods to grandma's. She had hip replacement surgery in January, and my does she look good. She is using a cane but she gets around just fine. The doctor's and nurses also got alot of the med's she was taking straightened out and took care of some vitamin and mineral deficiencies and wow! she looks like a new woman! She did let us all help with dinner which was a step for her! At the end of the day she told me she had a box for me. It was loaded with craft books and magazines. Then she opened her closet and handed me some treasures. I tell her all the time I don't come see her to get her stuff, then she says that no one else likes to sew and they will throw it all away when she is gone. She blessed me with some true treasures. I show you a few each day.
This is the first embroidered runner she ever did. Grandma learned from her mom. I thought it was pretty awesome to receive that on the weekend my daughter decided to pick up embroidery!

This doily was made by my grandpa's grandmother!! My great, great grandmother!! I think I just about fell over when she handed me this one!


These are vanity dresser sets grandma made. The rose looks to be store bought though. But there were to sets that she made for her vanity.
Tomorrow I will show you more lovelies grandma blessed me with.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

What beautiful embrodery and tatting work...I've always wanted to learn to tat, but I fear I don't have the patience!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Treasures, indeed! What blessings were bestowed by traveling over the river and thro' those woods! Can't wait to see more...

Cottage1945 said...

Beautiful heirlooms you have! There are very few people in this world that treasure such works of art, be thankful that you are one of them!

Mary L. Briggs said...

Those ae beautiful! To think you have something your grandpa's grandma made-Wow! I'm glad you had such a special weekend with your family.

Day4plus said...

My goodness, to think that doily has survived all these years and now is yours. And the embroidery looks wonderfu.. MB

TO BECOME said...

Those are just wonderful and to know they belonged to someone you loved, how special. connie from Texas

Tanya said...

All the lovely embroidery! I remember seeing some of those at my grandma's house and I think I must have worked on a simple one when I visited her in the summer. Such nice memories you've brought forth!