+and+her+sisters.jpg)
I know everyone has them - those long weeks that feel like they will never end! Lots too do and it's 10 degrees outside to do it in! The snow is beautiful people, but the cold can suck the life right out of you! You can't just go jump in the car and go, you got to get up early go warm it up, brush it off and so on. The thought of driving anywhere past town on slippery roads can be overwhelming in itself! Ah well, I guess all of us in the snow belts deal with this...it's just one of those weeks!
Today is my daughter's final practice for the Middle School play that will be held Friday and Saturday. She's asking for prayers! She thinks the practices haven't gone well. Every actor thinks that, don't they? :) So after practice, they have a spaghetti dinner and I volunteered to help out. Between work and the dinner I have errands to run and dinner to cook for my men. They would honestly do it themselves since I will be out, but I decided to make them homemade mac and cheese since it is the boys' favorite and my daughter can't stand it. (she'll be at the spaghetti dinner)
Then my daughter has a slumber party tonight. The kids have off of school tomorrow for a Superintendents Conference day. I volunteered to work. We will be feeding the teachers. My boss originally told me I could come in early and leave earlier. I hope that is still the case. Friday night I think we will go to the play. My husband kind of wanted to go Saturday, thinking all the bugs will be worked out of the play. I rather be home on a Saturday night! I am such a homebody!
Sunday afternoon we are taking my daughter to a meeting for Flower City Work Camp. She participated in this ministry last year. Children spend their Easter Vacations working on homes in the city for people who can not afford these repairs. They spend each night at a church and have fellowship. It was a great experience for my daughter. She is already asking to do missions south of the border!
Of course at the same time Sunday, my son has a birthday party to go to! The meeting is about 30 miles away, so I am concerned about the weather and have asked my husband to drive us. He is being a dear b/c I KNOW this is the last thing he wants to do on a Sunday afternoon!
Well, this is a boring, rambling post! Thanks for sticking through it if ya did! My blogging buddies really are the best!
6 comments:
Beemoosie, Oh yes. I know those weeks well. (Except for the snow factor.) The good news is that you'll be so relieved when it's over. Bet you'll have the best sleep you've had in a while. Hang in there! Prayers for your daughter's performance. And your family's safety. And your performance too!
Thanks Rebekah! You are a sweetie!
Oh, long weeks make for short weekends, hope it gets better for you soon. Love the pic!
Beemoosie,
I emailed you, and I did delete that mention off my blog as I really posted it out of frustration, and its not a good subject to air on a public blog.
So, I hope you got my email, notices mention on Mary Jane's you might be having problems getting emails.
Hugs, Michelle
Ps. any words of advise are welcome!!!
I will not be at a computer until Sunday night so may not be able to answer you write away.
Whew!!!! You are one busy lady. You know, I didn't even drive until my kids were all teenagers. In fact they drove before I did. You have a GOOD husband. MB
Snow and slippery roads... I forget about that, where I live I don't get snow. But, I did grow up in mountains up north and do remember what it was like for my parents, my dad especially as he drove to work.
I enjoy all your blogs and no they are not boring.
Post a Comment