Yes, indeedy! It's blowing and cold and snowy out there! Looks like we got about six inches of snow over night. Not a whole lot for us, but enough that I really don't want to GO anywhere in it. And of course I must! DD's basketball game is 20 miles away in about 2 hours. DH is at work, so mom has driving duty. Then we have hair appts and THEN my DD is have (that is my abbreviation for dear daughter, not designated driver!) anyways she is having 10 girls over for 10 hours of FUN! :)
This tree is another one of my felted ornaments. I love making them and figure if I make them all year long I will have enough to give away next Christmas. I always find good Christmas crafts AT Christmas time and never get as many done as I'd like.
On the quilting front, the log cabin quilt is still in it's cutting stage. I have been cutting strips mostly on weekends, so it isn't going very quickly. I've just not had enough energy or time after work lately. I can do embroidery, but cutting and measuring on weeknights can be a little dicey. It doesn't bother me though, no time limit. When I see other projects I want to do, that gets me going on the current project.
I am going to get my Valentine's cards finished this weekend. I think I counted around 33 girls involved. I am about half way there. They go fairly quickly once I sit down and get at them.
Did I ever mention I am a budding 4H leader? I truly have a passion to teach sewing and crafts and nature to my kids and their friends. They loved the idea and I even have 3 moms on board with me. I completed all the paperwork in September, have made numerous phone calls, and finally was told to go to a leader meeting last week. The meeting was really worth my time and very well organized. The woman I had been corresponding with was there...I ask "am I ready to get started?", "I don't think I sent you such and such form," she says! Oy! 4 days later I still don't have it. I'll give a week, then I'll start the phone calls again. I am pretty disappointed, but I am keeping at this. I have really never had such a desire to do something like this and I am determined to make it happen. I feel bad for the kids that have been waiting patiently. Some day soon I hope to be telling you 4H stories.
Well, no phone call from the coach telling me it would be crazy to drive 20 miles to a game on a day like today! Of course not! So I best get myself ready~it may take a half hour to unbury my car!
~Blessings!
2 comments:
Where do you live that they'd schedule activities in that kind of weather and not cancel? Here that would be cancelled for sure! Be safe and stay warn.
your tree came out real cute.
Take care Sunshine
Post a Comment