Thursday, June 07, 2007



Yes, another Iris! I really do love them! This one is in a shade garden I'm trying to grow up along this "lovely" fence. The neighbor one side grows a beautiful flower garden to separate the yards, the neighbor on the other uses this fence. It's all good though, we are all happy neighbors as far as I know, and I am not going out of the house & yard beautiful award. I garden, I don't landscape. If I start worrying and planning and wondering what other people see I get stressed and that is not why I garden. I garden because I love flowers and growing things. I love sitting out in my yard on a warm night and smelling the scent of the blooms. It brings me joy.

I wish I could always treat the rest of life the way I treat my gardening! As I sit here and write I am ashamed to realize what a snit I've gotten myself into the last week. Not that it has come as a shock to me, I have come home from work each day knowing I have not been the godly woman I should have, asking God to forgive and the next day starting all over again. It's easy to be that Titus 2 woman, meek and mild; generous and kind, when everyone is kind to you. But when a co-worker cuts you down it gets a little tougher. And when you try to forgive that situation, but new junk keeps coming up, it seems that walking around with an attitude is a whole lot easier than letting it all go. See where I've been the last week? Yuck. And it has made me feel physically yucky too.

I read Titus 2 and Hebrews 11 this morning. I have a ways to go to be an example of Christ. I have seemed to let a lot go. That's hard to swallow but it true. It's easy to say I do this, that, and the other "for God", but if I can't go to work and be a witness, there is something big missing. When I care more about what others think and say about me, than what God sees me up to, something big is missing.

I am glad He cares enough to show me my weaknesses, so I can allow Him to change me. I thank Him everyday that He cares for me!

~Blessings

9 comments:

Melanie said...

My husband's line is "Don't raise the stakes"... be strong AND content in yourself to not raise the stakes. Remember what matters and let the rest go. He's a lot better at it than I. I think it's a woman thing. But I was (And still do) go through the same things and he told me to try it. You'll be amazed at what a calm monotone sentence and walking away will do for your esteem and your peers will look at you in amazement. It really raises the "character points". It's not easy--(Especially when you're so angry you get tears in your eyes--I hate that)But not digging in the ditches is the way to go....

Laurie Ann said...

I too have things that I have to ask for help and forgiveness from God every day. The same things over and over. God's grace really is amazing. I guess we'll just have to keep praying and working to be better women for God. Sending prayers your way!

Melzie said...

Beautiful flower! But even more beautiful post. No one is perfect, no one can attain to live by the *law and succeed. Thats what grace and mercy are for :) THanks for the lovely post today. xoxo melzie

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Whew, you got me. I have been like that all this week. I have worn out my knees from being on them so much this week. There is always going to be one person who always gets your "goat". Know what I mean? I have one that gets mine and I allow her to do that. Instead of being nice and turning the other cheeck, I stoop to her level. Here is a hug()
Hope you have a good one.
Laura

Day4plus said...

Beautiful Iris, Bonnie. I always try-like Laura-not to stoop to anothers level.
Remember you do wonderful things for others and that is your good feature. MB

Little Penpen said...

I'm right there with you on finding it hard to be a Christian at work sometimes. I work with a lot of women and most are not saved and joke about Christians in general. ( Maybe that's why we women shouldn't work outside the home! ) I wish it were that easy to just walk away! God knows our hearts and knows that we want it to be different, even though we are human and don't always handle things properly. I love your iris; the color is so deep and rich. I have quite a few in one corner of my yard, but they didn't do as well this year as usual. Do you do anything "special" for yours?

Tina Leavy said...

hope that next week goes better for you. one idea that you could do that would totally floor your coworker and maybe get her to stop..is just walk up to her and give her a hug..yep..a hug..and say.."ya know..I think we both could use one of those today..here's wishing you a good day" and I bet you anything that it will just drop her in her tracks. might be hard to do..but ya know..you'd feel beter about it and actually might be able to let go of the hurt she has done too. Everyone..goes through stresses and there just may be something going on with your coworker that you aren't aware of and she doesn't know how to direct her feelings except to lash out at everything except what the object of what is causing her problems really is.
anyhow..best of wishes and I hope that you will have the wisdom you need in how to deal with your work situation. my idea was just that..a wee idea..don't know if it would work or not..but just an idea is all.have a good weekend. by the way..the flower is gorgeous.

Melissa said...

hello-I seen you had visited my blog so I came over to visit yours and say hello. It's nice to meet you. Come back and visit me anytime. I love talking to other bloggers, especially other Christian women bloggers. I love your site. I'll see you around. Take care and God Bless.

Gretchen said...

"I have a ways to go to be an example of Christ."

Yes, my sweet friend, don't we all?!!

"I am glad He cares enough to show me my weaknesses, so I can allow Him to change me."

Just the fact that you know that He will change you will make you a witness to others, Bonnie. You can witness without saying a word. And, it's my sense, that you're far too hard on yourself.

Here's to God being the gardener in our lives. Blessings.