Friday, June 22, 2007

The Sweet Summer Time

I really thought I had my photo problem solved, and I did, when I had mom's camera to use! But my camera just will not upload to the computer any more, and DD's camera only gets so far then stops. Yes, I have fresh batteries! I just hate blogging without pictures!

I just LOVE summer. The air is so sweet, the sky is so blue!! Trust me, I'm not working to hard. It's just so nice to take care of my home when I'm not exhausted from taking care of 4oo kids at school! I've done a bit of gardening, but Tina, I don't know if I could face all that mulch you said you bought! I've come to the sudden realization that NEXT Saturday is the 30th and that is the date of my girlfriend's baby shower, so I am frantically finishing projects for her. Monday we are having a 4H project/swim meeting. I am praying I can get those girls to finish their quilts before the jump in the pool!!
This weekend? Oh, well, it's soccer tournament weekend. 4 games each times two kids!! (plus DS's baseball championship game in there sometime!) The weather looks wonderful though, and I know a few years down the road they'll be grown. :(

I've been tagged again...by Miss Tina at http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/ to make a list of things that remind me of the south. Well, I'm a Yankee/southern girl wanna be, so bear with me!! I claim my grandparent's Kentucky blood all the way, but I just may embarrass myself here!!
  • sweet tea
  • NASCAR (old school!!)
  • Gone With the Wind
  • greens
  • Lynard Skynard
  • manners/genteel/ladies
  • verandas
  • Spanish moss
  • custard
  • banana pudding

Ok, I'll stop there and put you all out of your misery! Whom shall I tag? Let's go to the West Coast and tag Miss Tracey @ http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com/

And Miss Penny @ http://littlepenpen.blogspot.com/

And last but never least, Melody @ http://melziesmonologue.blogspot.com/

Blessings Y'all!

10 comments:

smilnsigh said...

I'm so sorry that you have photo problems. -sighhhhhhhh-

But you sound very busy. Mmm, who has time to take pics anyway, when you are a busy mom like you? -smmmile-

Mari-Nanci

Day4plus said...

I was thinking how do you do it with all the sports going on with 2 kids. whew you are running and busy. AND then I thought my kids didn't do many sports, only horse stuff and there ya go we had gaming on week-ends and getting ready for fair with the horses and I didn't even drive and Dave didn't go to events until fair and he trailered the horses there. But to any other event we rode the horses everywhere.

Day4plus said...

I forgot to add I have 4 kids, all girls and horse lovers. MB

Melzie said...

Sorry about the photo thing :( I'll play along on the summertime thing :) xoxo melzie

Ellen said...

Dear Bee,
I knew I loved ya alot tho Kentucky roots means we are blue blooded sisters! lol
Banana pudding is as southern as it comes. I made some this morning for the boys from the ones they pulled off our trees.
I'm sorry you are having upload problemos...nothing so frustrating to me then electronics that won't go when i push go, but your word pictures make me see you running from one event to another and quilting in between! Since everything happens for a reason ...Maybe the camera went kapooie so it would force ya to slow down...and drink more sweet tea lol

Tina Leavy said...

I sure enough forgot about nanner puddin' LOL oh well..can't remember everything. LOL you go girl! you did good.
hope you are having a great weekend.

Little Penpen said...

Okay, I'll take the challenge... come and see my blog.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What, no grits?

Debbie J said...

After you tagged Little Pen Pen she tagged me. check out my list. I am truly southern to the bone!!!

Mary L. Briggs said...

Great list, Bonnie! You are having a fun, busy summer! Slow down and smell the roses, girl! Hope you are having a great week.