Monday, June 18, 2007

Vacation and Tags


Ahhhh....did you hear that sigh?? It was utter and contented relief. I know, I know. Most adults have year round full-time jobs and you do not want to hear about my SUMMER VACATION. But I will say this once, it's here!!! Oh happy dance! The last two days of work were tough and I was literally sore from scrubbing and lifting and so on and so forth. I did not get sympathy from DH as he works in a factory and does physical labor year round!! I'll have to remember to be more sympathetic to him though... I hate that physical stuff. (unless it's for gardening purposes!)




So what am I doing this first find day of vacation? Hehe...I shipped my kids off to school!!! Yes! They have 3 more days of tests. Oh, I do love them home, I just get a kick out of their pouty little teenage faces heading off to school while I was still in my jammies!!




Next I spent some extended time in my Bible and talking to God. Totally refreshing.


And after I leave here, it's cleaning time. Kinda like spring cleaning, but I guess we will call it my summer vacation cleaning. Time to declutter, put the things away that have been misplaced, do the walls the windows and the nooks and crannies. Once that is done I can lose myself in my books and sewing. I have a goal to finish started projects (ie. log cabin quilt and sampler quilt) and do projects that will use up my stash. I got even more books from my friend that is moving. Her sale went really well, but she still had some books and told me to go through them again for FREE. I 'll save the titles for another day.




Ok, last but not least, I've been tagged, by a new friend. I love making new blogging friends and I'm sure you all do too. So, if you haven't before please visit Miss Annee at http://sweetannee.blogspot.com/. She tagged me for What's For Dinner?

well, that's kinda funny 'cause I have no clue!! LOL! The last couple weeks of school turn into "quick through something on the grill and make a salad" nights because I'm usually bone tired and we are half out the door with one sport of the other. After about a week of vacation, I get creative again. So let's see here, what would I make? Oh, I know we all like this one:

Chicken Mediterranean


3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips

1C chopped onion

1 clove garlic, minced

1Tbsp olive oil

1 Can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes w/ burgandy wine & olive oil(Contadina)

1 Can (6oz) tomatoe paste w/ roasted garlic

1Cup quartered artichoke hearts

1/2 Cup sliced ripe olives


Cook chicken, onion and garlic in oil in large skillet over med-high heat, 5 minutes. Season w/ salt and pepper if desired.

Combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste plus 3/4 Cup water. Add tomato mixture, artichoke hearts and olives to skillet.

Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Serve over rice if desired.


Mmm...sounds good! Probably be for supper next week!!







Now, on to housework!!

6 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Well, I hope you have a wonderful summer vacation. Thanks for the recipe. connie from Texas

Laurie Ann said...

That recipe looks great. I may have to give it a try!

Tina Leavy said...

yay for your vacation starting! I know you have been looking forward to it. the recipe sounds like it would be great.Have a great week. I saved your friends blog to faves will check it out(sweet annee's) looks interesting too.
by the way, anm having a drawing over at my blog..come get in on the fun.:0)
~Tina

Day4plus said...

Happy summer vacation. I do remember the days of washing everything in the school kitchen, wall and everything else. RELAX
MB

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I know you are so glad that your vacations is here. Enjoy it. Copied your recipe. Thanks
Have a good one.
Laura

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy your time off... I understand all about it, my daughter is a teacher and she's been doing the happy dance for a week already!