Day 3...I have mopped, dusted, vacuumed, scrubbed, laundered and weeded. The house is almost presentable!! I am no neat freak, but when the mood strikes, the time is right and the stars are aligned, I can really clean! LOL! I've been hanging pictures and curtains and rearranging shelves. I had to go out and weed the veggie garden this morning, about half done on that.
I sorted through my sewing area yesterday. I got a bit too cluttered the last month after two different ladies donated much fabric to my cause; whatever that may be! I sorted out anything I can't use for quilting or bags and put it into a box. Not getting rid of it yet, I have a girlfriend who LOVES making clothes and thinks she wants to teach me to do the same! I am now back at the place where I can finish up projects and whatnot. I am finishing gifts for my girlfriend's baby. I'm on quilt #2, embroidering 12 fishing boy squares that will make a quilt. I want to make a few more bibs, also.
I think I mentioned moving friend gave me more books. I finished Widow of the South, which I really enjoyed. Now I am reading Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor. That was in the second batch of books which included:
- Around the U.S.A. in 1,000 Pictures copyright 1955 (adorable pictures)
- California Gold by John Jakes
- Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (no date found, but it's old and gorgeous!)
- Livingston's Travels & Explorations of South Africa (copyright 1874 Breathtaking cover!)
- A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins (true story that covers this man's walk from Alfred University in NYS to New Orleans 1973-1975)
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (I've never read it!)
I've never read or even listened to Garrison Keillor before so I skipped ahead to that book passing up others on my list. Funny last summer I read one LONG book, Gone with the Wind, that if you haven't read it's worth EVERY page. But this year I have a stack I'd like to read. We'll see how far I get. It's not a race, just seem to be finding a lot more that interests me lately!
Well I'll close with another recipe that I'd like to share. I am going to make it myself today for the first time, but I have had them often in my girlfriend's kitchen or camping with her family.
Kathy's Jumbo Breakfast Cookies
1 1/4 Cups of sugar
1/2 Cup margarine or butter, softened
1/ cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1 TBSP vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups of flour or wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned or quick cooking oats
1 cups raisins and/or chocolate chips
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 cups cheerios cereal (Kashi makes an AWESOME "o" cereal)
heat oven 375 degrees
stir together sugar, margarine, peanut butter, water vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients
drop dough by round 1/3 cupfuls, 4 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. flatten dough to about 1 inch thick
bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. store loosely covered.
Enjoy!
8 comments:
Those cookies sound good! Whenever you get through at your house, Bonnie, you can come on over here and clean, LOL! My dd and I have been going through a lot of craft stuff trying to decide what to keep and also to think of some projects we might do. So...my house is a mess with craft supplies everywhere!
You're having way too much fun these days! ha! I love Garrison Keillor!
When I was a very young girl, Gone With The Wind was the first book that I ever read the whole way through. It was wonderful and I realized what I had been missing by not reading so it changed my whole outlook about reading and I am so glad it did. I loved the book and many more since then. connie from Texas
You've sure been motivated! I mopped a little patch of my kitchen yesterday, but not the whole thing. Wouldn't want anyone to get accustomed to me doing it, you know.
Wasn't it Garrison Keillor in the Prairie Home Companion movie? He's got the radio show, right?
hey there, you can come help me weed my flower beds..ha. I just purchased a pallette load of mulch this evening(75 bags) to redo my flower beds, but they need weeded too. ha. ahh well plenty to do in the evenings now.
hey..time to be "tagged " again. I'm tagging you to play along in the "Southern words" tag. Sue over at Country Pleasures tagged me and I had to tag 3 people..so you are my 3rd person. So..check out Sue's blog and mine too on how to play the game.
Then tag 3 more people. Hope you'll play along.
~Tina
Dear Bee,
Summer is a lazy time... ya sure sound like you missed the message lol
Thanks for stopping by with all you do I don't see how ya had time. I've read the Walk across America.How far is the Appalachian Trail from your home?
Just feeling so happy for Bon, no school for awhile. Isn't it a great feeling. It looks like already you are getting lots done.Better start hitting the thrift stores.
NANCY JO
Girl, where DO you get your energy? I'm excited to try those cookies. Just what I need. :) Can't help it though--a good cookie now and then is worth a brisk walk! I can feel the joy in your summer, Bonnie. So happy for you.
Post a Comment