
Yes, I am counting down to summer vacation!! Two more days! I have been in the elementary school since last Friday. Friday was a scheduled day off for the manager, so I filled in. Monday she came to work, but her DH who also works at school said he didn't feel well and he wanted to get to the doctor. He ended up having angioplasty and a stint put into to an artery that had 90% blockage. Thank GOD, he paid attention to how he was feeling. We are praying for a speedy recovery and no more problems.
Last night I went to a 4H leaders meeting to explain the process of entering items in the fair. There are two fairs here we can enter, but I will only be home for one. That one is in my hometown so that is nice. Alot of paper work to do, but really not as bad as they apologize for! I think it gets a little more involved if you are bringing animals, but we are not. We are entering our pillow covers and quilts. My son is going to grow some vegetables to enter. He wanted to bake also, but you can not enter baked goods unless you do a cooking/baking unit with the 4Hers. I told him that it is a definite for next year. We just didn't have time this year because we had a late start. It really sounds like it is going to be a fun experience for the kids.
Yup, two more days! It's really not sinking in. I'm pretty much bone tired right now. So much to do at work these two days, cleaning, packing up, up and down stairs... hopefully I'll get a good work out! The kids are already asking for friends over and "will you take me here, or there". They are not even done with their tests yet! I told them there is no running around until mom is totally off of work and tests are over!
On top of my to-do list (besides a MAJOR house cleaning!) is to get this camera situation worked out! I have quilts to show, and the garden just changes every day! I tried using DD's camera and it didn't upload for me. I must be tired and doing something wrong!
On that note, let me end with this stupid, TRUE story! I was at work by 7:00am yesterday, filling in for the manager like I mentioned earlier. Had a few sips of my coffee, but apparently didn't have quite enough caffeine pumping through me yet! I needed to call my supervisor at the high school. For seven years I have done this, simply dial the extension, 1166. I seemed to have dialed the 9 to reach an outside line first though. So who did I reach?
Oh, yeah, you guessed it!
I called "911"!!!
Can you believe that? I was good, I said, "uh (brilliant!), I made a mistake!" The woman on the other end was pleasant and said, "ok, no problem!" I hung up and waited to be surrounded by our local police and fire department. Don't they live for stuff like this? But thankfully nothing happened until an hour later when our business office secretary arrived to work. Her computer system/phone tells her anytime 911 is called out of the district and where it comes from. Nice safety feature! We explained to her that it was just a mistake. I had to take the money to her at the end of the day and she said you just would not believe how many people do that and a lot of time just hang up (even the teachers!) so then she gets a call from the police department.
Still couldn't believe I did it!!!
~Blessings
13 comments:
That's tooo funny. You 4-h sounds more complicated then ours. Our 4-H can show something baked at our fair regardless if they are in a baking unit or not. It does get complicated with the animals , we all have to take a class on animals to show. Then the paperwork starts. Our animals are identified by eye screenings. Then the tags we have to put in. One for the farm they come from, one scabies, one if they are MS breed, then if you are a member of say like the MS goat assc. there is a tag for that.Our animals have so many tags it adds a couple of lbs on to them.lol
I know you are so excited about school being out. The kids have been out for nearly a month now here.
Have a good one.
Laura
I'm glad you didn't get an emergency "response", that would have truly been embarrassing. What a relief that your husband is OK, I will pray for continued healing and a complete and speedy recovery.
Ooops, I meant to type "her" husband. That's what I get for proofing at the same time that I hit the "publish" button!
Ha ha on the 911 call! I work in a nursing home and you wouldn't believe the number of residents who routinely call 911 for a glass of water, to send the nurse, etc. (Really! we are pretty good about answering call lights! Some residents just forget to use them and call 911 instead)
the 4h activities sound very nice...and fun. I'm sure your kids will have a great time with it..we always did.. I used to be involved in 4h as a kid.
BON,
Calling 911 because ther is not enough caffine in your coffee is not a good thing to do, hope you learned your lesson.If you get your coffee from TIM HORTONS you won't have this problem again.
You are way to busy, you make me dizzy, good thing school is about done, you don't have time to work.
Good thoughts for your DH, sorry to hear he is not feeling well, glad he got it taken care of FAST!
NANCY JO
You are busy, busy, Bonnie. I'm so glad that you are off for the summer! Your fair sounds like lots of fun.
Boy it is a good thing school is almost over. Don't things get crazy!!! I am glad you and the kids are having a grand time with 4H. Fair is really fun. It is all about how you deal with it. Make it fun and it will be. Go enjoy!! MaryBeth
LOL. Too funny. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's true, save all those self portraits your daughter does, some day they actually will embarrass her....revenge is sweet... if it's nice revenge.... happy day to you
I'm so happy that summer vacation is here for you!!!!!! :-))))
May you enjoy it to the fullest.
Mari-Nanci
Dear Bee,
I moved to a new store, they have a speed dial to 911 on the phone ...little did I know...when I all I was trying to do was a intercom page
oops
Enjoy your well earned vacation.
Congratulations on vacation! Enjoy it!
Sounds like your ready for the break, enjoy it and can't wait to see those photos!!
Post a Comment