Isn't that a lovely cookbook? I love the title, Preserving Memories. Sorta what my "farmgirl" life is all about! Not that I live on the farm, because I don't. At MaryJane's forum, someone, maybe MaryJane herself, said farmgirl is a state of mind. To me that means using what I have, being a good wife and mother, loving God, doing special things for others and even myself. Like the aprons, they make the every day special. I don't have to grow a garden and can the produce to survive. I have a grocery store less than a mile from me. But I do it for many reasons, health, frugality, taste and the pure pleasure of it. I received this cookbook from my swap partner Mandi, and I planning on using it with joy this summer.
Friday, Friday....lots to do today. It had a sad start. I went out to start the car this morning (no frost just a heavy dew), and noticed something on the sidewalk, near our bush with the robin's next. Me in my uncaffienated state thought it was merely food that mama robin dropped. I went back into the house, but when the kids came out DD was very unhappy...
"It's a baby bird, and the next is empty!"
My heart sank, something got them last night. I know, it happens all the time. Dummy me named one yesterday. Jasmine, because she slept with her chin flat on the side of the next and her beak up in the air like my dog sleeps on the couch. Wonder what mama is doing this morning.
After that site, I wasn't real pleased to have to come back into the house and play with a whole chicken. I am trying something new in the crock pot, Mexican, lime chicken something another...I'm so good with names!!! Anyways...whole chicken, seasonings, squeeze the lime then put the rinds inside the chicky, with two cloves of garlic and cilantro. I've never done anything with the crock pot that doesn't include cream of anything soup, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping it's a good one. I'm glad I'm not cooking tonight because DD has an away tennis match and DS has batting practice. Tomorrow is not much better, DS has a game in the morning and a soccer scrimmage in the afternoon, and I am teaching 4H in between. May always gets like this...it's my punishment for having summers off!!!
I am finishing up my mother's MOTHER'S day gift. Yes, I know I'm late, but have you seen my schedule?!! LOL! I made a red/white table runner for her kitchen. I am hand sewing the binding then it will be done. It feels good to get something finished around here. I will try to get a picture, I am semi-camera-less again. :(
Hope you all have a blessed weekend, what are your plans?
Yes, I do know there is no picture there. I originally had a picture on, then realized it showed a last name. So I edited the picture (feeling really clever). Now, I can not get the picture to post! (not so clever!)
9 comments:
The chicken for tonight sounds really yummy. If you all enjoy it, I'd like a bit more of a a recipe if you don't mind. What seasonings, etc?
So sad about the baby birds. Hope your daughter does well tonight!
Awwww... so sorry that you had to find the baby bird. -sigh- Yes, those things can really make us sad, sad, sad. And then we have to work on coming up out of it. With the truism that 'That's life." But... it's hard for a bit. Hugsssss...
And ohhh you found my new blog of 'Dans l'esprit d'une grand-mère'. You are the quick one, you are!!! :-)
Mari-Nanci
Let us know if the chicken is good. I love crock-pot cooking. Oh, I really don't like to name little wild things anymore--but I do it anyway. We have all sorts of wild rabbits around here that I'm sure the cats will get eventually.
Busy, busy mom!! Remember to take time for yourself. I mean it. We get caught up in so many things that teeny tiny space just slips away. Take care. MB
Even if I can not see it.Lol! I do like the name of the book!
Dear (((B))),
After seeing the lilbirds on MB's blog I bee welling up over your sad lil momma left alone in her empty nest.
My prayers waft upward for lil Jasmine, sibs and mommabirdie.
Enjoy your Sabbath... for my weekend I am working with limes too...i am infusing lime into my honey.
aww, so sorry about those baby birds..nature can be cruel sometimes. hope you have a good Sunday though.I enjoy your blog.
Sad to hear about the baby birds-I understand how you feel. We've had Robins build their nest on the porch of our previous home and it never failed-as hard as I would try-one of my cats would get some of them and I was always heartbroken. I love my cats, but that used to make me so mad at them! The TTC does not have the appeal for nest building that my other homes had and I'm glad.
Anyway-I'll be keeping you in prayer with all the busyness. I'd like to know how your recipe turned out too! Love Ya! Claudia O.
Hey i was so happy to see you had visited my blog this Tues. morning. You asked if I was the Pretty mom in the first photo, well pretty I don't know about, but yes that was me in the green blouse.
Post a Comment