Michelle and I have been friends since third grade. That's when I moved to the school I would graduate from. Starting a new school even as young as eight was scary. The "groups" were already formed, and living as far as seven miles from school didn't help me fit in. The summer after sixth grade I remember receiving a letter from Michelle. It said something about she hadn't been a good friend and she was so sorry. Honestly, I had NO idea what she was talking about, but I was up for the friendship. We were inseparable through the rest of high school. We had our tiffs, but we always took care of each other. We have been through so much; the births of my two babies, the death of my first husband, the cancellation of her engagement, the rebuilding of her finances, the purchase (by herself) of her first home, and now the birth of her first child. We may not be in touch much more than a quick e-mail, but if something happens, she's the first I call in the middle of the night. We get the willies when we count how many years we've been friends. But thank God, I just don't know what I would have done without her!

The next picture is of me and my girlfriend Kathy. We joke and say we met in preschool - our daughters were in preschool. Neither one of us new the Lord at the time, gently one by one He called us. Now we are prayer partners and sisters in Christ. There is never a time when either one of us can't pick up the phone and ask the other for prayer, or WHERE is THAT verse in the Bible?!!!! Kathy and her family have been blessings to me and my family!

Your turn! Visit Allison, then tell us all the stories of your best friends!
5 comments:
What a sweet story. My hubby is my best friend. It does not matter to me who they are, thanks for thinking of me. Did you sign up for Sues swap? Hope so, Have a great day.
What a neat idea! I may do ithis on my blog, not sure yet!
It is such a blessing to have that special friend to share prayer requests and blessing swith. Truly a gift from God.
Sometimes friends are who or what keeps us going and are there for us. I just saw this sign today--I forget who said it--Friends are the ones who come in the front door when we need help: acquaintences are the ones going out the back. MB
Great post! I have so many friends, some have come and stayed a short while and others have been there, and are still there, for what seems like forever. You are so right when you say: "God puts people in our lives", He does indeed, the right people at the right time for the right reason! Thanks be to God for every one of my friends! That includes blogger friends, too!
You two could pass for sisters!!
Post a Comment