Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What I Did on My Days Off by Beemoosie!




I've been a good girl doing my housework and especially my LAUNDRY! LOL! I have found a lovely distraction as I fold clothes, watching home movies of my dad's family when he was a child. Oh, the farmlife! The aprons! The real tinsel on the Christmas trees! It's all been fun to watch.
I had 3 days off this week, the sun is out, the snow is melting and I even hear birds!




Worked on projects of course! I am STILL sewing log cabin blocks! I love how they are coming out, just feels like they are multiplying on me!
The other picture is my first made from scratch tea towel. Monday DH came home sick, and crashed on the Family room couch. I couldn't very well keep sewing, so I got out an embroidery pattern I received for Christmas. I copied it onto some muslin and traced a handtowel onto it, cut it out and hemmed it. I have no clue if this is how it's done, but it looks ok to me!


I mentioned before my DH gave me an IPOD shuffle for Christmas. I filled it up fairly quickly, so today I "shuffled" some of the music. I added some Bruce Springsteen, Bob Segar, Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Bing Crosby and Vince Guaraldi. I love my IPod while I am sewing, but couldn't excercise on the tread mill without it!




I started Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice this weekend. I have to admit I have never read anything by Jane Austen before. I have owned a 4 book set by her for years, and never picked them up. I keep seeing her named mentioned in different blogs I enjoy so I decided it's time to getting reading! So far, it's felt like home!



I finally got the nerve up to wrap up that pillow package for little Jared. I am the worst wrapper in the world, bar none! If you have received a wrapped package from me, I am sure you can attest to that. But off today it goes! I have to pick up my daughter from a friend's house later so I will make a Post Office run. Hope the little guy enjoys his pillow!



Now, no peaking, there may be some farmgirl mail going out today!




We had our first 4H meeting Saturday. Ten girls between 11 and 14 and my 12 year old son! It was alot of fun, and crazy too! They voted on officers and choose our club name- The Mocha Moose! I swear, I had nothing to do with the name!

It's been a lovely five day weekend. Hopefully I will get some of these projects done soon and start thinking of some spring things to get started on!

Thanks for the visit!
~
blessings

8 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

It sounds like you had a busy day. I am glad that you got alot done. I still just sit and look at it hoping it will get done by its self. My hubby does alot of the laundry for me which is great. The quilt square looks great too. Hey I never got your email about the swap. Try this one renren84@yahoo.com

Amy said...

enjoy pride and prejudice. it is an amazing book. and, if you get the chance, see the 1940 movie version-the one with greer garson and laurence olivier-it is amazing.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love those days at home all to yourself, such a treat!!

Jean said...

Looks like you've been busy! How great to have old family movies to watch. Tea towel looks nice.

Mary L. Briggs said...

You have been busy, busy, busy! Your log cabin blocks are coming along great--that's one of my favorite patterns. I made a doll quilt of that pattern last year. Enjoy Jane Austen!

Nancy Jo said...

Bonnie,
That was fun to read. Your quilt is really comming along nice, your log area is big! Looks like you really do have a lot of books.
So glad you had some time off from school to get caught up and do what you want.
MOCHA MOOSE? I HAVE TO SAY THAT HAS BONNIE GIRL WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. But if you say its not your idea well ok then.
NANCY JO

Ellen said...

Hey Bonnie,
you only did the black and white laundry lol

too funny...

I could use a snow day, o wait they call them hurricane days here no thanks...
so what projects are you leading with your 4H-ers?
ps: have you decided what you are backing the quilt with?

Beach Girl said...

I don't think I know what a day off is with 3 teenaged boys who are with me 24-7, LOL.

Your quilt squares are great; maybe someday I can learn to quilt.

And yes that is me, the Southern Belle.

Vanessa