Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First things First

I took Sue, at Country Pleasures, challenge to show my work space. I am sure she is waiting breathlessly!
This is our family room. It's actually a three season room on the back of the house. We've been in this house (our first) for a little over 2 years. Being the nature girl that I am I fell in LOVE with this room. The windows look out onto our deep backyard. Our first 2 summers we would put furniture out here, then when the weather turned cold we would head back to the "livingroom".
Last fall I just couldn't do it. I had moved my sewing stuff into the corner of this room, and I wasn't ready to leave it. There is nothing wrong with our "livingroom". It has the nice new furniture, new paint and pictures on the walls. But it just doesn't have the same "feel" as the "family room".Besides, we just love seeing all the critters in the back yard. We see lots of beautiful birds and deer all year round. These past few weeks we have had about 10 deer in the yard every night!
So here is my ragtag room. Just think of me on Sundays when DH is watching sports (which I don't mind) I am usually in my corner trying to make something!

View from sewing area back.




Quickly running out of storage space! My machine on mom's old sewing table. It all does't look like much, but I love having everything right where the family is. I can work whenever the notion strikes!



Card table is currently my work space, and the iron is always ready!

















my card baskets on the window ledge filled with Valentines!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Great sewing space. I am in the process of moving my sewing room into a nice big room with windows. It is so nice to have the big bright windows, and a TV close by.

Betty Jo said...

WOW! You've got lots of space there to work. I gave away my sewing machine years ago and would like to replace it with a basic machine, not too expensive. What brand would you suggest?

Unknown said...

That is a good size room, I can see why you love it! Thanks for posting it, I can breathe now!! LOL