I just couldn't believe today when I got home from work that their was a package for me from my farmgirl buddy MaryBeth! How exciting! How ironic (she'll see in a day or two!) How fun!! This was a wonderful package, seriously, it brought tears to my eyes. MaryBeth has picked up on my love of books, and I doubt she could have picked two better!
The first is a 1930 copy of New Delineator Recipes. I'll admit, I had to look up the word "delineate". It means to dipict in words, describe. I can't wait to curl up with a hot cuppa tea and see what it will describe to me.
The second book is The Rose Years Little House on Rocky Ridge. I have always wanted to read the Little House books depicting events before and after the Laura years. I have always enjoyed Little House on the Prarie, but for some reason never read the books until I was an adult. Something special about this book besides the fact that it came from MaryBeth is a sticker on the back indicating that it came from the Little House Bookstore in Mansfield, Missouri!
Thank you so much MaryBeth!
It's Friday again. Seems funny after working only two days. We are having my girlfriend from highschool over tonight. We have celebrated Christmas together for years, but this year it just didn't happen; so tonight is our Christmas party. The weather is perfect for it! So much for those forty degree days!
We are just having pizza and wings. Having moved out of town, M can't pass up the opportunity to have pizza from her hometown shop.
Reflecting on it all, it's amazing all the curves and turns our lives have taken since high school. Since I started walking with the Lord, I couldn't be a more different person. God turned my life around! (Thank You!) I know M has thought I was crazy, and now maybe a dowdy homebody; but we still have a love for each other and take the time to get together at least a couple of times a year.
I hope you all have a good weekend. Nothing too busy here. I am getting the rearranging spring cleaning/decorating mood-we'll see where that leads me!
~Blessings
11 comments:
Hope you have a great weekend---
Thanks for your encouragement, I just wanted to say hello and that I really like the log cabin quilts that you make, they are so beautiful and you have quite a talent!
What a fun package to receive. All the Little House books are good--especially the older ones, but I enjoy the newer ones, too. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and your friend!
Have a great week end,
Hugs,
Elizabeth
And isn't it great when God turns a life around!
Vanessa
I love getting packages in the mail and from a fram girl makes it extra special. God is great and he keeps you under his wing, God Bless you and have a great weekend.
lgookwcMarybeth strikes again!! She surprised me last week with the cutest green bottle, I'll show it off when I set my table up for St. Patricks day! She's so sweet!! I'll have to look for that book, it's new to me ( Little house).Have a great weekend!!
Bonnie, it is so funny.. Great minds, ya know. It is fun to have a school pal and see all the changes in our lives.
I.m glad you had a good 4H meeting you Mocha Moose you. MBxmpzn
I'm back.....You did get the card, I worried about that. MB
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog...I apprecicate your nice comment! I hope you'll come back again for a visit.
I love the Little House TV series but never read the books until I was an adult, too. That was so nice of your friend to send you the books...enjoy them!
I enjoyed my visit to your blog...I'll be back again for a visit!
What a terrific surprise in the mail! FarmGirl pals are terrific!
Post a Comment