Speaking of the weekend, I hope to get in some serious sewing time; putting more log cabin blocks together and maybe even starting a sampler quilt I found a pattern for. I think I am going to use the fat quarters and charm squares I received from the MJ swaps and put them into this quilt. So I am itching to at least try one block!
It seems doable this weekend. DD has a basketball game bright and early tomorrow morning. My turn to take her since DH will be at work. Then I MUST get groceries. I didn't last weekend. I protested..."it's TOO cold"! So I stopped into our local expensive store all this week to get us by. I love the thought of sticking to your local stores, but it really is hard to do when it costs twice as much no matter how careful you are. So tomorrow it's REAL grocery shopping. Then I hope to come home to a lovely afternoon of quilt time.
Sunday it will be good to get back to church. I missed last Sunday because the roads were awful. The kids miss it too. They have a great youth group. My Grandma's birthday is next weekend, so I need to figure out where she will be. She has been doing well, just very tired from the rehab. Thank you for your well wishes.
Well, I must head out one more time for today to pick the kids up from school! Have a great weekend!
~Blessings
6 comments:
Hey I belong to Crafters Choice. I just got my first books in about 2 weeks ago. I found one on quilted pot holds. Alot of nice patterns if only I can figure them out. Well when you get your sewing all done, post it so we can check it out, keep warm and have a good weekend.
Hi Bonnie,
Wacky dog, not you the dog. They love the snow, don't know why.
I have to go to the thrift store, its some kind of sickness that doesn't seem to be clearing up.
Bet you are glad its Friday and you got lots of new books. Your quilt seems to be coming along real nice. I have the Apron book too, lots of pretty aprons.
Have a nice weekend and stay warm.
NANCY JO
You got some great books. So many people are quilting on these blogs--I'll have to drag out all my stuff pretty soon. Really nice books you got, too.
I belong to Crafter's Choice too, some nice books there. I want the apron book, let me know if it's worth buying! Enjoy them!
ooh, i saw that apron book the other day at the bookstore and added it to my list of books that i would like to have. thanks for the well wishes. i have had several colds in a row with some pretty rough coughing. i actually got choked on some food last weekend and since my chest wall was already strained, my rib cracked. bizarre, i know. and yes, i LOVE cary grant. i also saw that one of your favorite movies is the shop around the corner-mine too!
Hi Bonnie,
I have th Apron Book and I love it.
Brrrr too cold up there for me.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment