This red and white job is my second attempt and trying to make something special for mom. She really loves red and white, so I know I can't go wrong there. It's a much smaller quilt from an idea out of a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book. They had a pattern for theirs, I did not have enough of each fabric to copy their pattern, so I was happy to just sew my blocks randomly. I started hand quilting this one and found that two of my fabrics are too dense to get the needle through. I swear they said 100% cotton when I bought them, maybe that isn't the issue.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. Col 3:17
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Unfinished Business
I have two quilt projects that have been lying around waiting to be finished. You'd think some of the moose would help around here, but no that just does not happen! Anyhow, this first one is a quilt I did for my mom's 60th birthday in August. The pattern is from the Better Homes and Gardens quilt book. They did theirs in a pinker cottage look. I saw it and said, "there's the quilt for mom!" I did not have the same colors but figured my collection of flowers, birds and whatnot would do just fine. I personally like how it came out, but I just don't know what mom would think. So I haven't invested in the backing and batting yet. 

This red and white job is my second attempt and trying to make something special for mom. She really loves red and white, so I know I can't go wrong there. It's a much smaller quilt from an idea out of a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book. They had a pattern for theirs, I did not have enough of each fabric to copy their pattern, so I was happy to just sew my blocks randomly. I started hand quilting this one and found that two of my fabrics are too dense to get the needle through. I swear they said 100% cotton when I bought them, maybe that isn't the issue.
This red and white job is my second attempt and trying to make something special for mom. She really loves red and white, so I know I can't go wrong there. It's a much smaller quilt from an idea out of a Gooseberry Patch Christmas book. They had a pattern for theirs, I did not have enough of each fabric to copy their pattern, so I was happy to just sew my blocks randomly. I started hand quilting this one and found that two of my fabrics are too dense to get the needle through. I swear they said 100% cotton when I bought them, maybe that isn't the issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love the one with the greens...it is the best color, isn't it!! REally pretty!!
What beautiful quilts. I'm amazed at the handiwork involved. Does Mom quilt?
Bonnie girl! Your talent is endless!
What a wonderful job you have done.
Do youi quilt them too or do you have someone else do the quilting part?
Lindy
Christina...you are not a geek!
Aunt Jenny, I do LOVE green,it kinda came out looking John Deere-ish didn't it?
Thank you Rebekah, my mom mostly knits or crochets, and doesn't quilt. That's why I have the nerve to try and do this for her!
Thank you, too Lindy, I can hand quilt or machine quilt smaller projects. The big one here I am going to have to invest in having a professional do. I would like to get a big frame someday so I can hand quilt big projects if I choose to.
I love the red ones, perfect for this month!! I wish I had time to finish mine! So pretty!!
Love both quilts. I wish my Mom would of made them. Having a quilt handed down is one of the best gits. They look great
I like both quilts, Bonnie. I think your mom will love either one. The red and white one is smaller and easier to finish yourself, but I have to agree that sending out the larger one is a wonderful option. Besides, most machine quilters can do such fancy quilting now. I think your color choices are lovely.
i really like the green one. very nice pattern. i am sure your mom will love it. are you going to hand quilt that one?
Both are very pretty and no matter which, or both, are presented they are done so filled with your love.
Lucky Mom!
Post a Comment