Really incredible message today at church. God knew what I needed to hear, and what I have struggled with over and over again in my 34 years. Of course He knew, He made me.
But I seem to forget that.
We had a guest Worship team/Speaker with us today. Isaiah 6 Ministries. Check them out, they are really wonderful; http://www.isaiahsix.com/
Anyhow, after some worship time (time of singing and praising God), and our announcements, the leader of Isaiah 6 ministries spoke. He spoke about true worship to God, about our hearts being right. Our hearts can only be right in pure worship to God when we realize how much He loves us. Realizing God's love for us is an on-going process, partly because His love is so huge it takes a lifetime (and beyond!) to get a grasp of it! and partly because the wounds we suffer in this lifetime often block us from receiving God's love.
I'm terrible at paraphrasing, but the speaker really got to me when he told a story of when he was 6. After a fireworks display, mom thought dad had little guy, dad thought mom had little guy; but little guy was lost in a crowd of people. Scared, alone and afraid no one would come looking for him. A good Samaritan took him to lost and found and his name and whereabouts was announced on the PA system. Meanwhile, dad, who was naturally a quiet, timid man, had been running through the crowd yelling out his son's name, knocking people over trying to find his boy.
He told the story so much better, but his point was that the Biblical description of God is of a God that pursues us, that wants our friendship, relationship, worship much more than we can ever imagine. He loves us. We often perceive God as cold and distant, maybe not realizing we are lost in the crowd. But that is not what the Bible says about Him. He adores US. He is waiting to hear from US.
I don't why, I always get hung up on this, but I do. I was always the scared, shy kid. Panicked that no one would find me, no one would want to find me; the not good enough, smart enough, so why don't I just fade into the background one. But God loves me, and wants to hear from me. When I accept His love, the fears fade. The anxiety I feel over stupid things is gone, because I know Father God has it all under control.
I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!
7 comments:
Dear Bonnie,
I like your paraphrasing job! I like that the Lord made me find you too.
I've been spending a lot of prayer time with The Parable of the Good Samaritan lately.....it has become such a cliché that I usually skip over it. Tho lately I have found things in who is my neighbor part of the story (about Jesus' attitude toward scripture and interpretation....about the hierarchy of love vs. law......about the Kingdom of God) that I have never noticed before. I like when we benefit from rereads....thank you for blessing my day.
This was a powerful post today, thank you! I love your new "look", header and all. It was such a joy to stop by here today, I am grateful.
Bonnie, sounds like you had a blessed Sunday, thanks for sharing it with us. I too love the new look, wish I could figure out how to do it?
What a wonderful post. God always supplies what we need when we need it--if we'll listen, which I sometimes am too busy to pay attention to what He is saying. I'm so glad that He is patient! Thanks for the reminder. I'll Google up Isaiah 6 Ministries.
Thank you Bonnie for posting that. I was unable to go to church due to my son's illness and your post "hit the spot." I am so grateful for His love for us.
What an excellent message. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. What a blessing!
Wonderful message, Bonnie. that is how I always felt until I relaxed in the LIGHT. MB
Post a Comment