It really was a lovely weekend. Saturday was my dad's birthday. I started the morning grocery shopping, getting my hair cut, going to my daughter's basketball game, stopping in at her coach's engagement party(he asked his girlfriend to marry him b4 the game with help from the team!), stopped in at a new antique/craft shop; and then made it home by one to start cleaning and cooking. Don't be amazed, I am NOT normally that organized or energetic! I had the Lord backing me up that morning!
So as I am sweeping my kitchen getting ready to mop, what a lovely surprise as I get a phone call from my farmgirl friend Elizabeth! What a treat! We had a such a nice conversation, like two long time friends! It really just made my day!
I continued some cleaning, made a chocolate cake (cake from scratch, frosting from a can), made lasagna and a salad and finished just about in time for mom and dad to show up! It was a wonderful evening. Don't look at me too close....daughter took the picture with my mouth full!
1 comment:
Hi Bonnie,
I so enjoyed talking you. I love the blanket and seeing your baby.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment