
I got to thinking about the word "home" the other night. We were traveling to my daughter's basketball game out of town and I just started to notice "houses". Some were so lit up and happy looking, some with Christmas lights up already others lit by lamp lite or TV's. Other houses looked dark and cold. I imagined their owners stuck in traffic, or picking up children from daycare just aching to be home.
You can't judge a building by the outside though. Some of the "homey"est looking houses may be filled with angst or sadness inside; while the dark unlit abodes may be the warmest most caring places once everyone safely arrives.
I am blessed to have a home filled with love. The love of God, the love of family and friends. I appreciate everyday here. When I look into my yard and see wildlife, flowers and trees and just think, "I can't believe this is ours!" It's not huge, but it is truely HOME.
I pray that you all have a place called home, and that it is filled to the brim with love. And remember; it is never to late to change.
1 comment:
Bonnie -- thank you for reminding about the feeling of home. That is the most important thing in the world. To make our homes a sanctuary not only to God but to our families too! Hugs, Kay
Post a Comment