Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wishes for a Blessed Thanksgiving


It is the day before Thanksgiving and I am off of work; it feels like forever since I have had the opportunity to just sit and reflect. I've been sort of grumpy this week and I think it is because time just feels like it is flying and I am fighting it. That is senseless, I know. But didn't we just do this? Celebrate Thanksgiving, dive into the holidays, put the tree up, take the tree down... I just want to be able to savor moments again. I am not a high-energy, go, go , go person. When I am at work, I work hard and do what I need to do quickly; and I am pretty much always on time. But what I mean is I am never one that can have 5 different things going 5 nights of the week. I am not a commity person (see, I can't even spell it!) I take on one thing at a time and I am not afraid to say no. So how do I get so burnt out? Maybe just because I am constantly fighting the passage of time and the business of the world. The best thing I know to do is to treat this season as it was meant and to start by thanking God for all the blessings in my life. I thank Him for my health and the health of my family; my parents who have ALWAYS been there for me, my husband and children who love me as I am. I thank God for my friends and neighbors; my home, our jobs and the abilities He has given us. I thank Him especially for rescuing me by His Son, Jesus; and for His wonderful plans for my life (Jer. 29:11)
I pray that everyone that reads this has a blessed Thanksgiving. That you are able to enjoy the moment without constantly jumping ahead of yourself to what "needs" to be done in the upcoming weeks; and that you are able to spend your time with the people you love most. And for those of you with loved ones far from home in the Armed Services, THANK YOU.
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie, beautfiul picture and post, so true!!! We all must learn to slow down and savor the simple things.

just me said...

Great post! Thanks for reminding me all I have to be Thankful for!

Anonymous said...

Amen!