Thursday, January 24, 2008


Thank you dear friends, because I feel the prayers. God is good and He knows what I need, faithful friends to pray me through! It's been a slow week at school, test week. I did some monitoring and some assisting, but I also had ALOT of down time. Time to reflect, let God speak to me. He is always there and He has awesome plans for me (each one of us!) and I just need to rely on Him. Lack of sun, hormones, circumstances, whatever...all do their part to try to tear our focus off His wonderful plans. Every once in a while I just need a kick in the pants and a shower of prayers to get back in line!
The pictures? Oh they are a few of the little gifties I received in a goodie box around Christmas time from my Great Aunt. Honestly, I don't even know her very well, but we have been sending cards and notes back and forth for a few years. It was such a sweet surprise to receive a box full of homemade goodies that she loves to buy from various crafts shows throughout the year!
Well, I'll keep it short and sweet today. Cold, cold, cold here....how is it in your neck of the woods?
~Blessings

3 comments:

smilnsigh said...

'Tis cold here too!!!!!

I continue to wish you well with kicking this late winter type depression. Is it SAD maybe? Whatever it is, it's real, because so many people experience it.

Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

It's cold here but no more snow.
:(
These gifts are so sweet.

Even though we get depressed it is good you are keeping your focus in the right place because the enemy can sure use things to tear us down and I believe depression is one of his biggest allies. I speak from experience with this myself over many years. There are different cycles we go through and that is why we notice these things happen at certain times of the year. It used to always be January for me but something broke that cycle.
Keep your chin up(I know that is easier said than done sometimes) and know you are thought of and prayed for.
Hugs,
Denise

Day4plus said...

Well, it sounds like you are feeling a wee bit better. January is a long, slow and cold month so look forward to spring and sunshine and maybe some warmth not only in the weather but in all our hearts. Take care, MB