
I was in such shock that I didn't mention what this was...an Huskvarna sewing machine! I loved the machine I used before, but this is like upgrading from a Chevy to a Mercedes!
My first project on it were these pot holders for some girlfriends of mine. There is four layers of batting in these things and the machine sewed smooth as silk! Oh! How it took those curves! Of course, like most of the pictures of my projects seem to be, these are not quite finished. Yes, I did finish them, but then forgot to take the pictures! (My pictures also seem to be dark lately)

I also played around with the stitches in an effort to finish this wall hanging for the living room:

Then I had to go back to work Thursday. I love my job, but certainly could have stayed home and sewed for a couple more weeks. Especially since the temperatures here are struggling to get out of the single digits. For all you warm weather readers, that means it's been like 4 degrees!
Oh wait, here is a finished project! The best kind, a gift! Remember the Dora quilt, well blankie? Here it is:
That little darling got the crayon bag too!After the hustle and bustle of the last month, I have a pretty easy Saturday ahead of me. After I pay the bills, the day is pretty much mine. So that is a nice thing. I made a stupid mistake on a quilt the other day, so I need to see if I can fix it without buying more material.
~Blessings
11 comments:
Looks like you've been having lots of fun! Too bad we have to work, isn't it? Sounds like more sewing for you today.
I dont know what type of machine that is, but if it does what you need and more, it must be good. Enjoy it.
Wow, that really is the limo of sewing machines! It's Swedish and I told my husband about it, who is also Swedish, and he was impressed. Thanks so much for going and listening to my songs. I'm glad you liked Tami's Song. She truly was a very special lady and I miss her a lot. Have a great evening!
looks like you had a great Holiday. hope you have a good weekend. Happy New Year.
Congratulations on your new machine. I'm sure you'll have many years of happy sewing.
Hi Bon,
Been waiting to hear what was in that box!! What a great gift. You have really been sewing up a storm. Now you can really get crazy. Those pot holders you made look nice. I should maybe give that a try.Looks like something I could handle.
Nancy Jo
Wow, that was a great gift! And you've been putting it to good use! You guys are really cold up there! It was the 70s here today--a little out of the ordinary and we are paying for it tonight with thunderstorms!
Hi bonnie, good to see you back blogging even with ALL the other stuff you do. What a super machine to have. Good for you.
Doesn't Lainey sing superb.
Be checking in again. MB
You very lucky gal you!! I'm green with envy. How's the new Mercedes driving??
I now what kind of machine that is, it is a great one@ Good for you.
Yay! for you! New machine! I just brought my old faithful machine out of the garage and hope to clean it up and get busy soon. I do, however, have "new machine" on my mind. I wouldn't know where to start with deciding on purchasing a new one. How exciting for you!
Post a Comment