Monday, January 21, 2008

I Must Admit...

I am blue. Maybe down right depressed. I have fought this since my early thirties, sort of a hormone thing I guess. Winter is the hardest, but last year I did pretty well, very well in fact. The last couple weeks I finally have to admit, I am struggling. I know there are triggers in my life right now, new job, our dog's cancer. But I get so upset with myself when I think of my friends (actual human beings) with cancer themselves or their loved ones; friends who are starting the new year without their loved ones or with financial problems. Those are serious issues, not like mine. Despite what I think, my body reacts, and I find myself exhausted and lethargic, not even being able to concentrate on sewing on my day off today. I did take one of my practice squares and sandwich and quilt it for a small table topper. I decided to do that with all my sampler blocks instead of making a quilt. I'm tired of seeing unfinished stuff around here.



I did get a nice package via UPS today. I ordered from a company called http://www.victoriantradingco.com/ I ordered stationery and address labels through their catalog and I am quite pleased. Take a browse if you like that sort of thing, they have everything from furniture to trinkets.

This is how the stationery sampler arrived...
So many lovelies!
I also have a couple pictures here from an earlier thrifting trip. A cute sewing box:

And this sweet little lambie for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13

~Blessings

8 comments:

Day4plus said...

The short winter days do have an effect on many people and as you admit you have a lot going on right now. And it is not trivial because it is happening to you and you are important. Now take a look at that little lambie you found, he should squeeze a little smile out of you and you know once you smile you will smile again and before you know it you could be laughing out loud and your family will be looking at you weirdly---I could go on but that is a looong sentence already. I am worn out. exhausted even---bye, MB

Lainey said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm like that too just now. Something about this time of year makes me feel this way. I'm sending warm thoughts your way. Oh, I love that box your stationery came in! That was cool. I hope you have a better day there.

Hugs! Lainey

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue, too. I get like that myself. Especially in the winter. And your dog is a member of your family, and it's okay to worry about his well being. I will check out the link where you got your pretty goodies from, and your lambie is adorable. Take good care, Bonnie, and God bless!

Renie

Unknown said...

Oh Bonnie, so sorry to hear your feeling blue, maybe you need a little getaway, even for a weekend? A good vitiam helps with extra vit. D as we don't get as much as we should. Take care and don't be shy about pampering yourself a little, you've earned it! Hugs!!

Aunt Jo said...

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling blue.

Spring is just around the corner and soon you'll be over this bump.

{{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I have visited with you.I do hope your blue days are over soon.Sunny days are ahead.God Bless you.Your friend. Lisafibiqopj

Rebekah said...

BeeMoosie. I am thinking about you!!

smilnsigh said...

Oh Dear, I'm sorry I'm so late and missed this entry. I wish you well.

And please don't feel that your pain should not be as important as all those 'big pains.' Each of our pain, is important to each of us.

Just do what's necessary to get well again.

Many hugs,
Mari-Nanci