
Wow, here I am again! It's a snowday...yippee! I took this picture at 5:30 this morning. We got about six inches of snow with more to come. The worst of it is the 20 mph winds; makes for nasty driving. I have to sheepishly admit that I prayed for this last night..."God PLAAALLEEESEE (that's please in a winey NY accent!) I need a free day to get the house together and projects finished for Christmas." Now, I can't exactly say He did this for me, but I sure gave Him alot of praise this morning! I am having guests over ever weekend from now until after New Years! When did I become the hostess with the mostess? I do enjoy it, immensely, but I am no Martha Stewart! I do frantic power cleaning at last minute because I have been out at soccer/football/basketball games for weeks; or I chose the sewing machine over the vacuum cleaner!


So I started bright and early...cleaned the bathroom, dustmopped the floors...probably shouldn't waste time wet mopping til Friday night! And do some fine tuning on my decorating. I've got Denver and the Mile High Orchestra Christmas tunes jamming in the CD player and I am good to go! If you like Big Band high energy music, find this CD! It is fantastic.
Can you see my Christmas post cards on the shelf? The big one with Santa is from Nancy Jo last Christmas and the others are from the antique shop. I bought a handful last week along with a bag of old Christmas cards. I love them. I haven't quite decided what to do with them all yet, so if any of you paper experts have any ideas, please share.

Here is the top of the bureau I have in the kitchen. It came out a little dark, but I have some of my green glass out for Christmas. I love the Nativity; it was a gift to myself last year from Gooseberry Patch. And of course...the Moose are on the loose.

Speaking of Moose, here are a few more sharing the Christmas Spirit. They are joined by Snoopy this year...I fell madly in love with him at Hallmark...he plays Linus and Lucy and I have to hear it every time I pass him!! Gosh, I'm such a child sometimes!
Well, I think I'll go work on some mail art and figure out what I'm doing for a gift I need for Saturday.
~Blessings!
10 comments:
Your floors look great :) Very pretty I cant wait to see more pictures. Are those your aprons hanging there? I am noodling how to display mine, and also so old embroidered doll or infant dresses I've been collecting. Love your snow I'm jealous ;) xoxo melzie
Yaaaaaa for your cleaning and decorating! You keep going! You'll feel sooooo goooooood {though tired} when you finish. :-)
And you got more snow than we did. Dare I say, I'm glad we did not. :-)
Mari-Nanci
I'm here again...
You've been to my blog. But please read here and see why I can't comment in yours, for a bit. Yish...
Mari-Nanci
You say yippee now but after you have had the snow for a month you will be wishing it was gone. Your house looks nice. I love all the moose. Enjoy your week.
i am so jealous of your snow! larkin prayed for snow tonight, but it would be a pretty big miracle for us to get any right now.
I sure envy you all that white stuff and a day at home...
You are very busy and have a lot to say and I am glad to see you back on your blogs. Snow days don't ya love'em. All your Christmas stuff looks real pretty. Mine looks old and tired. Maybe it's time for new. I still decorate the tree with things my girls made when they were younger---maybe I should recruit the grandkids but it's not the same. Enjoy!! MB
Enjoy your snow! (I know you are!!) Your home looks so lovely and festive.
Goodness you have your plate full. Just dropping in for a quick visit and notice you got snow. It's pretty but think I will just take the mud and muck. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura
Don't you just love a snowday, any ole way you get them! lol Your house looks so nice and ready for Christmas! Thank you so much for the homemade card, I just love it! Where do you find the time!
Post a Comment