I wish I had a picture of something new and crafty to post, but as you may have guessed by now, I don't. I feel guilty for not sewing and that is just plain stupid, it's a hobby for pete's sakes! I really do yearn to get the creative juices flowing again, I love the magic of creating a pattern out of colors and shapes of fabric, and nothing can beat the feel of a quilted blanket; but I just don't have it in me. My mind just goes on overload when I even look at my quilt table, there are just too many short circuits in my brain from this year filled with loss to concentrate on a project. And I guess that is just life.
I have contemplated renaming my blog. I feel like it's false advertising to say this is a quilty, crafty, family blog. I haven't sewn in over six months. I am sure I will again, it's in my heart. I've been crocheting and have found a pattern I can handle to make some gifts for Christmas. I've been trying to write which is one of those back of the mind dreams of mine. Anyways, I wouldn't know what to rename my blog if I did...so I'll leave it and hope that the friends I've made will hang around through these ups and downs and spotty postings.
5 comments:
Trust me -- I think the name fits.... I think all of our lives are quilted together with something. No one has this seamless stretch of a life. Life is just way too crazy for that. Keep your blog open... and keep reading blogs, they may trip your trigger to start quilting one day--- we all have slumps...
LOL I got on here to say exactly what you first commenter already said! I got MONTHS with nothing crafty/quilty posted then that changes. Ebb and Flow just like life :) I'm glad to 'see' you again.
xoxo melzie
Bonnie,
Everyone has their ups and downs because we are all busy with life. That is what we are supposed to be busy with. We are given this life to live each day to its fullest. There are many things that help us to do that.
Sewing is a hobby that I love but I haven't sewn or done much of anything in the way of my hobbies in a long time. To much going on.
Anyway, the time will come back when there is time for it and you will feel like doing it again.
I love your blog name and it fits you.
hugs
You can never get rid of friends Lol We love you always take care of yourself.
Hi Bonnie, it's already been said so well. Please don't feel guilt (almost wrote "quilt", lol) about the craft. You have friends who come here and would hate not to find you. Those creative juices will return.
Love you, Sweetie. Give your heart time to heal. The Lord will do it.
Ann
Post a Comment