Saturday, September 05, 2009

September Already?

Well, yes, yes it IS September. I see hints of color in the tree leaves already. We have had a rainy summer followed by a sudden hit of stifling humidity; but this week has ushered in some of the finest days of the season. Still warm and very sunny, but oh so comfortable.
My summer hasn't been all that productive. I have struggled with the lose of my dad, and the oh so many changes that have followed. We move on because we know that is God's design for us, we can not become immoble. That is useless. But it does take ALOT more energy right now to do what needs to be done.
The unexpected death of my father was all too soon followed by the passing of his youngest sister. Another shock. The month after that we lost my great Uncle to whom my dad had grown very close to. It seemed to never end. Now my Grandma, dad's mother, is in hospice care. She has lived a long life, beating the odds of some major health issues in her young adult life. It's been a long hard year for our family. Here is a picture taken by dad's cousin of he and my grandma:


So how do you move on when life seems so rough? Some days honestly I couldn't tell you, but then I am reminded: thinking of others. Life is fragile, we are here for a very short while to share God's love with those around us. I was starkly reminded of this yesterday when my co-worker received the call that her father was being taken to the ER with chest pains. His life here ended yesterday. Just as sudden and heartbreakingly as it happened with my dad only five months ago. And yes, it all came back though it hasn't moved too far away to begin with. But I am gently reminded to poor out the comfort
on my friend as God comforted me in my time of need. We have to focus on others.

Give those you love a hug, let them know you are there. And when life is overwhelming find someone who needs something you can give.
~Blessings

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Hey Bonnie. I am glad my blog tickled your funny bone and you could squeeze out a little smile.
Life throws weird stuff at us even when we thing enough is too much.
My Father died suddenly when I was just a kid and now I know my Mother handled it so graciously. We grew up believing that even through heartache that life is good and we must just go on.
My Mother is 93 now and still gracious.
Hang in there!!! MB

Needled Mom said...

Just think what wonderful support you will be for your friend who has also just suffered such a tremendous loss. Perhaps that is God's plan for you now.

The loss of a parent is so great and you have certainly had your share this year. Time does help to lessen the pain. My dad died 14 years ago and although I still miss him, I know life has gone on when I look at my beautiful family that surrounds me. None of this was here when he left.

Nancy Jo said...

Hi BON.
Nice to see your
post. Needless to say you have not had a good past year. I hope the sun comes back into your life real soon.
All fine here at the moment, and I love this time of year. I seem to have a lot more energy now. HOPE IT LASTS.
Don't stay away so long we miss you.
Nancy Jo

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bonnie,
You are a loving daughter, mother, wife and friend. My heart goes out to you as you grieve. Yet we have a "great cloud of witnesses" who love you, and are now increased in number, although through your loss. My prayer is for your peace, comfort and knowing how close He is even now. Keep posting, sweet Bonnie.
Much love,
Your anonymous Ann

cinnamongirl said...

That is a great photo. Take care and my prayers are with you. You have had a rough year may the next one be better for you.