Who knew it was so hard to get a little down time and recharge the ol' batteries! The work week is busy, the weekends are busy and sometimes no matter what the outer circumstances the MIND just doesn't cooperate and relax!
It just so happens that this week I have managed two days off in the middle of the week. Yesterday DD woke up with a fever, headache and stomach. Swine flu, you say? No to my surprise it was strep. So with my almost 17 year old tucked safely in bed with the appropriate medications in her system I found myself ALONE in a quiet house on a sunny uplifting day. Oh, I just can't tell you what a rarity that has been. What did I do, you ask? I cleaned, I reorganised; I went through all the junk I have tossed aside with little care to where it belonged the last few months. Talk about good therapy!
Today was a scheduled day off. Thank you Veterans for the sacrifices you and your families have made. I have more than enough because you protect me and my family. I was able to be quite self-centered today. Of course I am taking care of DD and she is on the mend. I put the finishing touches on a clean up project but then enjoyed the pleasure of catching up at www.maryjanesfarm.com and on some of my favorite blogs. Oh what a healing balm to share with some girlfriends down on the "farm" telling stories of loss of a parent and the process that follows. What a great bunch of REAL women I have found; they truly hold an important place in my circle of friends.
So tomorrow I will return to work for two days. I find it ironic that I have the most stressful job in my life at the most stressful time in my life. I'm sure God has a reason for that...
~Blessings to you all! Hope to hear from you!
6 comments:
Sounds like it has been hectic. Hope your DD is well on the road to recovery at this point.
Hope your daughter is on the mend soon. We all had the flu here. We are still coughing but recovering nicely. You are in our prayers.
Hi Bon,
So glad to see you on my site an the MJ site.
Everyone feeling better at your house? Well the good news is you got a few days off.
Is this spring or what? Guess I will go out and rake SOME MORE today. But thats ok, love my trees.
Plese keep in touch, we all missed you.
Nancy Jo
Always good to hear from you sweet friend, I wish your life wasn't so busy, but I know we must take it as it comes....hope your daughter is feeling better. Stay strong, be well and love much! Hugs!
So happy to 'see' you again! Enjoy the weekend and be sure to sneak in some time for yourself. Maybe make an inchie?!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) I have been crocheting for years and years. My mom could knit up a storm but could not crochet a chain, lol. So taught it myself mostly. Just go online, there are SO many easy to follow tutorials! Also many easy to start patterns to find. Any help, let me know :)
Hugs from Marian, dutchy on MJF
Post a Comment