Thursday, March 20, 2008

Well, It's a Fine Day!

A day off, what did I do? Well I'm happy to tell ya, not much! I baked with DS this morning...
Nice little Blueberry coffee cake from Paula Deen's Just Desserts cook book. I vacuumed, I puttered. I took some pictures of some stuff:
A little bell from the thrift shop


A vintage calendar, like to find the pattern or directions used to make these into bags.


Great little table cover...love the pompom trim. I think I'm saving this for when I redo my bedroom.

Love the print,

A cute panel that couldn't be left behind.


Well, you know I needed more books! But WHO could leave BAMBI behind! I didn't even know it was a novel! 1929 was it's printing at it has darling illustrations. I have added it to my must read list! Poetry books never get left behind! The others are new; sewing ideas just don't pop into my mind. I need inspiration and detailed instructions!






Whew, well that's all for today. Must mop tomorrow morning. Then I think I'm ready to sew, and maybe put some surprise packages together!!
~Blessings!

9 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It certainly does sound like a fine day. A yummy dessert and a little thrifting ~ what could be better!

I love collecting old children's literature too! The original Bambi is an interesting read but it is certainly not the warm & fuzzy version that we're accustomed to. I began reading it aloud to my children thinking we would enjoy this lovely tale together ... not! It entails alot of a pain & suffering & details that I would rather have not known. A classic for certain, but one that will stay on my shelf as a collector's piece.

I'd love to know what you think after you've read it.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a perfect day. When I get a free day --I spend it very similarly and return to work people say--What did you do?-- when I tell them, they are just bewildered. They have no idea, do they? Happy Easter...A great day to celebrate.

Jean said...

Your blueberry coffee cake looks delicious! If I lived closer I'd just happen to stop in for coffee today! Looks like you've found some real treasures. I'm still waiting for our sales to get started. Happy Easter!

Aunt Jo said...

Looks yummy!

You did well thrifting. I love children's books too.

I'm so glad to see you posting. I've got a little something headed your way.

Needled Mom said...

The dessert looks so yummy! Too bad we can't send food over the net -- at least not yet!

It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Have a wonderful Easter.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

drooling over the coffee cake! A must have!!!!!! Left a LONG post on your Ponderings blog!!!!

Poor Bambi! I, too, like the warm and fuzzy version. Although. . . .I can never look at a deer without a melted heart!

Cora

Amy said...

wow this makes me want to eat blueberry coffee cake while thrifting!

Anonymous said...

The blueberry coffee cake looks so good. I like Paula Deen's recipes too.
You have some great finds there.
I enjoyed my visit and the photos so much.

Day4plus said...

Yummy coffee cake made with your son and then thrifting tales. How lucky you are. MaryBeth