We got a lot of snow this past weekend, probably the most of all winter. This picture is not of last weekend though, oh no, my batteries were dead! My DD once again filmed herself until she sucked the life out of my camera!!! Gotta love those kiddos.
Long week. It's been a soap opera in our classroom. Did I sign up for this? I don't know. Two of our students were "dating", "going out", whatever you call it. Boy very verbally abusive to (insecure, naive) girl, girl's mother alerted. Two months later, "stuff" hits the fan as it is rumored they were doing inappropriate things on the bus. Yuck. We're ALL interviewed...what did YOU know? WHEN did you know it? And so on. I know this happens all the time in school, well maybe not IN school, but at this age-level. It just was so complicated with allegations of manipulation and bullying. I pray this girl learns to like herself and trust the God Who made her, only then will she not put herself in a position to be so used and put down.
So I'm ready for a little R&R. Time to lose myself in some quilting, or fun with my family. (Thank God for my family!) Easter break is short this year, just Thursday and Friday next week, but I'm looking forward to it. I need down time.
On an uplifting note, spring IS in the air. A foot or more of snow may have covered us last weekend, but the sun is feeling warmer and the birds are singing. It can't be long now!
~Blessings
11 comments:
Bless your heart, honey! I know that has to be the worst part of your job. God sure has special Angels like you that will work with children like that. God Bless you!
Isn't it amazing how young kids can have so much DRAMA in their lives, when this should be the best years of their lives? I work with a lot of younger girls and I am amazed at all their drama. Your snow is a bit much for me... all I want is a pretty thin blanket to make everything pretty.
Doesn't it seem like kids start earlier and earlier with the drama.
I'd give anything to reverse time for the kids today. They'd be so much better off living life like we did.
That whole mess sounds horrible. These kids are exposed to way too much these days and, unfortunately, feel that any relationship is better than none. I, too, hope that she learns to respect herself and avoid future situations like that.
Hope that you find a great project to enjoy this weekend.
Hi bonnie,
So glad you get a little R&R, sounds like you really need it.
We got very little snow this year as opposed to last year and we never get as much as you get. Of course we get RAIN and more and more until webbed feet are required. Splish splash!!
You take care and get lost in some project. MB
Hi Bonnie,
Your snow is too much for me as well, lol. Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods, thank the Lord.
Hope you're enjoying your R and R this weekend. You deserve it.
Blessings,
Renie
Goodness, what an awful experience! You sure do need a little quiet time, don't you? Hope you are getting a well earned rest this weekend!
Bonnie, I've missed you coming around. I tagged you to play a little game with us if you'd like.
i hope you are feeling rested!
I'm sorry for so many kids I see out there today. It is such a different world from when I was that age (which really wasn't that long ago).
On a brighter note for you:
OH~that naughty little snowman! But as you said, spring is in the air!
Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman; once there was a snowman, tall, tall, tall!
BUT...
In the sun he melted, melted, melted; in the sun he melted, small, small, small!
(One of those preschool songs I remember, LOL.)
Love you Bonnie!
Vanessa
Spring break is soon right? Lol I don't know how you found my new blog, it's not even done yet, but you can be a secret sister anytime! LOL Hugs!!
Post a Comment