Monday, May 31, 2010

New Life

First things first...for my blog winners that have waited more than patiently, or perhaps have given up altogether thinking I'm a doodoo-head; your gift will be in the mail tomorrow. Let's just say I've had a minor brainfade the last month...
That said, we have had an incredible spring up here this year. It is not even June yet and with the sun & warmth we have had the gardens are GLORIOUS. Yes, we need rain, and we may be paying the piper later, but for now I'm lovin' it.
I ignored the gardens and the outdoors in general last year. Not healthy, not good..very bad! This year, coming out of the darkness that for me was 2009, I feel like I am seeing it all for the first time, like God is putting on this spectacular show just for me! And I am not letting it go to waste. I have weeded & planted & planned with tender loving care. I have a new perennial bed that I did plant irises in last year and that I have been adding to this spring. I call this my "memory garden" It does't look like much yet, but I'm like a kid in the candy store watching my new irises bloom.
Oh, they are like my babies out there!!
Thanks for stopping in, hope all is well with you!
~Blessings

4 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

from you. So glad you are coming out of the dark time. Life is still hear waiting for you as are all your friends.

Nice that you have warm and sunny weather--well-- we have RAIN and then more RAIN. I am not going to garden in the rain and it is 10 degrees lower than normal so brrrrrrr!!

Every one is fat and happy here---we are not too happy with the fat part but we are happy. If I say it enough it means we are. hahaha!!!

Pop in more often. K? MB

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful flowers. I love iris.

Unknown said...

So happy to see you post!!!

katie jean said...

these flowers are so pretty! I like the white on white iris. It looks so vintage! Like a sweet white cotton dress.