Teacups and saucers seemed to strike my fancy this summer; some of them I had, some we found in our meanderings:
A sugar & creamer set my mom has had forever (must remember to find out where she acquired it from)
The last thing here I'll show you for now are these cute little Christmas plates I picked up at Joanne's. I love that nostalgic look.
I could not resist the Christmas creamer and the matching sugar bowl seen in the forground!!
Not to sound like a broken record,but the loss of my dad and other family members this year has made me extremely sentimental. So when my urge to pay attention to my house came back I started this nesting, redecorating thing. Mom loves shelves and nic nacs. Bells, thimbles, odds and ends found over the years. I was already showing signs of the same symptoms, but now I had the urge to go back to my own child hood. I may regret this down the road and think it all looks tacky, but for now it warms my heart. I found the shelves I had stored away with nic nacs I had packed up from my youth and out they came. This one is in my freshly painted bedroom because I know it has no eye appeal to anyone but me!
I guess a look only a mother could love!
Mom, dad & I and a couple little trinkets he picked up for me along the way.
I know, I'm boring ya to pieces. But just a couple more, I promise. These are new but I just fell so in love with them. Funny there seems to be some "itty bittys" out there of the paper sort. These little bittys I just couldn't pass up. I don't know why I love tiny things so, but I do.
Well Blogger won't let me put the last one up with an itty bitty kitty and a quarter behind her to show the size; so I will leave well enough alone.
Thank you for visiting and and the encouragement!
~Blessings
13 comments:
What a treat, another post! Love your china goodies!
Lovely china cabinet and how fun it must have been to work at filling it.
Thank you so much for dropping by the blog :) I love your lovely tea cups and saucers... I think its so much fun to have a tea party with each guest having a different teacup and saucer. Besides its so much fun to find just that right cup :)
M
Dear Bonnie,
what a blessing to have tea here with you and of course I just love the teacups. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I am so glad that God touched your heart. What a wonderful visit I have had.
blessings
Tammy
I loved your post and I know what you mean-sometimes others might not understand the importance of those little bitty things and how they hold or bring back memories.But they are precious to us!
I am a reader of your blog, and am so glad to hear from you these past 2 posts! God bless you.
Im so happy you came by my blog, I had to just run over and visit you! My mom loves teapots so you and her would fit together so well. Hehe Love all the pretties in your china cabinet. I love your itty bitties. I have a few myself! I put mine in the window seal so the sun would bring them out! So your not alone! So nice to meet another farmgirl sister in Christ! Blessings, Karen
Well, Bonnie you're back. YAY!!! Good to see/hear you again.
I know times have been tough but you always have MJs farmgirls and us bloggers. We can be 'family' ya know.
When my husband got sick and I was home everyday caring for him--I got into the collecting of homey stuff. so on my one 4hr day off I roamed the thrift and collectible stores for what struck my fancy. So I know what you are going through. It's funny that now that he is gone the urge has backed down. Oh I still love to find a pretty but I am ok without.
I love your china cabinet--your Mom knows.........
So anyway--WELCOME BACK. MB
Moosie!!! I was only just today reminiscing and wondering if you were still blogging. Glad you looked me up!
Thank you for coming and signing up at my blog!!!!!
I will come over and stay longer. It is late and I am off to bed, but will be back for sure!!!!!
Blessings, Linda
I love tea pots and cups, it all looks great. Keep up the good work!
You won a little gift from Prairie Flower. You came in 3rd. Please come and get my email and email me back. Could not find an email for you here.
Thank you for entering. I do have a new little download Christmas present and another giveaway a friend and I are doing together. Come see.
Blessings, Linda
Boy Bon that is some great present you got there. Its so pretty. All you little china pieces will look so pretty in there.
So Happy to see you posting again.
Nancy Jo
How do I keep losing you?? I think I have you saved in my favorite bloggers again... love all your pretty china.
Post a Comment