Saturday, July 18, 2009

Back in Time

It was a lovely day to watch a Civil War reenactment complete with Abe Lincoln delivering the Gettysburg Address.



Waiting for the President..


He was quite the story teller!







Oh *sigh*. . .



Mom and I went back Sunday morning for the Union church service..I love a sweet little country church, singing old hymns. But wouldn't ya know they were memorializing a fallen Chaplain. If it was part of the act, we couldn't tell because the tears were flowing. (which of course started our own waterworks)







~Blessings

3 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Bon,
I have never seen one of these. I'll have to make a point to go to one.
MY BROTHER AND SISTER IN LAW WERE JUST IN GETTYSBURG AND SENT ME A NICE LITTLE BOOK WRITTEN BY A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL THAT WAS THERE DURING THE WAR. Look all caps. Not to smart.
Nancy Jo

Small City Scenes said...

What fun to go to an re-enactment. I bet the church service was part of the 'show' but good just the same.

Boy Bonnie, you really have been busy with your blogging. I feel sorry I haven't been staying along side you reading. Aren't those quilts super. When will you get back to quilting? Are you going to enter anything at the fair?

Thanks for dropping by. MB

ladybug loves lilacs said...

Bonnie,
Great photos. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Hope it wasn't to hot for all of those wearing the costumes.
Denise