I can't stand because her neck shrinks down to nothing and I worry that she will slip out of her collar. She is learning though. This picture was taken at a nature trail that was carved out of some land in our town a few years ago. It was too wet and muddy to go back in there today.
I love this next picture; it is recycling at it's best!When the land was being prepared for the trails, this old wreck was found. It sits now at the entrance of the trail with a lovely flower box behind it. All that water is not usually there, it's overflow from a nearby creek.
I guess this post is going backwards! Earlier in the day, DS and I stopped at a local antique shop to help out the economy! ( we visited a different one last weekend!) Today was apron jackpot day! I found 3 adorable half aprons! Some to keep and some to share I think...
I am totally in love with the white & green crocheted apron; definitely my find of the day. I guess it is the uniqueness of it that draws me. I think it's cute. I also like to visit this particular shop b/c she always has old post cards that represent the holidays. I think I'll research it a bit, but it seems that people sent post cards often in the early to mid 19oo's and they were made for every holiday. So far I have found Christmas, New Years, Easter & St Patty's day. The prints are so nostalgic and beautiful!
I visited a lovely little farmgirl etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5338774
and fell in love with a tea towel that I just HAD to have!! Isn't it darling?
To back up a little more, we had an awesome dinner to celebrate my MIL's 70th Birthday. DH wanted to take her out for something special, so we took her to our extra special once a year type of place. We even took the kiddos and learned, "yes, we can clean 'em up and take them out!"
Well the fresh air seems to have made me long winded!!! Hope you are able to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine too!
~Blessings!
5 comments:
Hey buying is not sewing. I hope you got a little in. Nice aprons watch for the crochet ones with beads crocheted in.
Happy 70 to MIL
Your puppy sure grew up you can see he is a puller they say the trick is tying them to your waist to train.
Have a good week Bonnie!
Hi Bon,
Know what you mean about the nice weather, every where you looked people were outside. We had a really fun day too.
You really did good at the thirft store and the aprons too. How cute. And that towel is so pretty.
Guess that new lap top has put you right back in blog land. Glad to see that.
NANCY JO
Sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend. Those aprons are fantastic!! I love antique/thrift shops, too.
Our 'puppy' pulls just like yours. She's a sweety, though!
Have a great week!
I love your apron finds too! The entrance to the trail is too funny with the old car and flower boxes.
Glad your warming up some. Its always good to feel the warmth. Nice projects you have going there.
Post a Comment