Mother's Day was also a little different. We usually have a big picnic with many of DH's family. This year, however, his mom is in Hawaii!!! We've had two phone calls from her so far. The first, she left a message on the machine, "Aloha, my cell phone works from Hawaii!!!"; and on Mom's day she called from Waikiki Beach splashing in the Pacific ocean!! The woman was positively giddy!!
So what did we do for M's Day? Well, after church we went to a large pet store and bought lots of goodies for our new friend who will be with us in 10 more days!!! We are chomping at the bit crazy waiting for the big day!!!
I forgot to show you the bottles I found out back. I went exploring a bit over Spring Break in a hedge behind our yard. On the hilltop is an old railroad bed and it is evident that people in the neighborhood dumped their old glass wear down the back of the hill. I found a few unbroken pretties:
I finished my wall hanging!! A WIP is actually finished, I am so excited!! The last couple days of Spring Break after we put our dog, Jasmine, down; I didn't do much else besides read and sew like a mad woman. A little therapy I guess. Here is my next project that is in the works, and it is even much further along than the photo.
The log cabin block patterns were actually part of a much larger quilt from Better Homes and Gardens that I started last summer. They were for a queen size quilt and I was going along fairly well until I got to the sashing. It had all these little, I mean LITTLE triangles and squares that were sewn to strips that would meet up and make lovely stars. I played around with that for one day and said "nope, not for me!" So my 36 log cabin blocks sat in a baggy until Spring Break when I desperately needed some sewing therapy. I looked through some books so I could get a decent idea how they could go together, added two more borders and now I'm even quilting on my machine. Since it's just about all my creation, I'm calling it "Jasmine's Cabin". Yes, I am a sap!
Well, I have 10 more days to puppy proof the house, I feel like I'm baby proofing all over again. Of course, back then, I did not have so much STUFF!
There has been much on the news about horrible weather across the country. I pray you and yours are all safe.
~Blessings
22 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What a nice way to share you special day.
Your bottle finds are just wonderful. We have found some old bottles on our property, too, and it is just like finding buried treasure. What fun!
I am absolutely drooling over your quilt. It is gorgeous. Just love the colors and how you have arranged the blocks. The name you chose is so very fitting as well.
Smiles and blessings,
Lea
I hope that you had a wonderful anniversary and Mother's Day. You always amaze me with your quilts. I sure wish I could do that. The weather channel is saying that we are in for some more tornado weather this week. Saturday night we had some to come through here. For the past 4 weeks we have had a tornado, I believe that we are in tornado alley here in Northeast MS. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog, yes the header picture is my home. Hope you have a great day.
I would love to be in Hawaii for Mother's Day or anyday, wouldn't you? Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. I love your wall quilt and Jasmine's cabin is lovely! What treasures you found in those old bottles... wouldn't you love to know what that white powder residue is?
Hi Bon,
Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I bet you can't wait to get that puppy, the kids must be so excited.
Go bottle hunting again!! who knows what else you will find. That blue one is petty special. I want to go look too.
NANCY JO
Happy Anniversary! Love the quilt! I love digging up old bottles too~I've amassed quite a collectin through the years.
You'll love the puppies~they'll put a lot of joy back in the house!!
Splashing in the waters in Hawaii sounds wonderful. I doubt that I would remember to call anyone at that point. LOL
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
Your quilt top looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it all completed.
Ahhhh...the memories of childproofing!!!
Happy Anniversary! The puppy is the cutest... lucky you!
Hi Bonnie,
Happy Anniversary!
I love old bottles, and have a large collection of them. Your wall hanging looks beautiful! And your MIL sounds like a fun lady!
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Renie
Happy Anniversary!
Your quilts are lovely and I'm so glad to see you posting. :)
Lots of happys for you. Happy anniversary--happy to see Mandi Mae---happy treasure finding--happy Spring---quilting done. Why you must be so happy you are going to bounce off the walls. Oh school is almost out too---well that could be mixed blessings.
hey there Bonne, congrats on the new puppy. hope you had a good mother's day.
stop by and join the drawing over on my blog.
have a great weekend!
Tina
That is one cute dog. I found a great bottle last summer in an old ghost town about 3 miles from our cabin. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week.
Judy
Thank you for your sweet comment. Please visit with me often. Hugs, RoseMarie
The bottles are to die for, and that log cabin quilt is just wonderful! You are so talented!!!!! Cora
Sorry for the additional comment but I have "tagged" you and hope you don't mind. If your too busy- no obligation. Thanks again for your comments on my blog. Have a great week.
Judy
your puppy is adorable..cannot wait to hear of all the adventures regarding "puppy training" :)
thank you for your comments on my blog!
best,
napa farmhouse 1885
Thanks for commenting on my blog. The door is done--come visit again. Have a great day.
Thank you for your comforting words and for visitin' my blog.
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Your quilt is so lovely, I've always wanted to make a quilt but have never got one started. Please visit often. Hugs, RoseMarie
Just checking on you, haven't heard from you in a while...everything ok? :) I miss your posting! xoxo melzie
Beemoosie, Beemoosie, where for art thou Beemoosie?
I hope things are okay on your end. I miss you. :)
Hope this finds you doing well. Also thanks for all the uplifting and encouraging words and prayers that you send. I know that with friends like you who I can turn to, everything is going to okay. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.,
Post a Comment