Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hometown Parade

Last night my tribe and I headed to my parent's home to celebrate mom's birthday. She's extra special, every year for her birthday the little hamlet throws a parade!! Well, I guess the parade and carnival have been there longer than we have, but it does make a fun birthday party!



DH and G-man pulling the Lion's club float.






Grandpa and DD on her favorite tractor.




I am only seven miles away, but it's always a treat to go to the parade each year and visit with my former neighbors and the girls I used to hang out with in town.

~Blessings

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I love hometown parades! Looks like a grea time!

Ellen said...

Dear Bee,
Birthday blessings bestowed on your mom!

I learned to drive on my PopPops tractor. Won't be long before your daughter wants her own vehicle now will it?

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I love it!! Hometown parades are the best. What a great picture of grandpa and dd on the tractor!

Nancy Jo said...

Bonnie,
Sure sounds like that was a fun day, and so so small town. Your family looks good on the tractor, where are you??
You sure have been keeping busy this summer, have all the sports ended now? I know softball and soccer for my Grand daughters has ended, so we don't have to go someplace every night now.
NANCY JO

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Nothing like a hometown parade, it's exactly how I grew up! These photos really made my heart smile, happy birthday to your Mom!