Friday, August 24, 2007

Just Thinkin'



Where did the summer go? Do you ever have to stop and think about what you have accomplished or been spending your time on over the past (add your number here) weeks? Did I do ANYTHING? What's been eating up my time?

I reflected a little this afternoon and realized how crazy this summer has been. Vacation in mid-July, come home and spend the week with Grandma at the hospital, following week was fair week, sick week, recovery week, cleaning week, which leads us to today.. and PHEW! after I did a little gardening this morning I made some sun-tea and sat in the back yard and just SAT!!!

Hope you find some time to just sit this weekend!

~Blessings!

11 comments:

someone else said...

I, too, am wondering where the summer has gone. Thank you for visiting my sunset/sunrise blog. Your picture on this post is pretty magnificent itself!

smilnsigh said...

Nope, since you asked... I don't spend much time wondering what I've been doing or accomplishing. 'Tis time for me to just enjoy my time, as much as I can. That's one of the perks of being in one's 70's. :-)

Glad you just sat. Hope you will find time for more of the same, all weekend.

Mari-Nanci

Nan said...

I am not only wondering where the summer has gone - where has this year gone? Time just keeps flying by faster and faster!! It is said that happens when you get older - I guess I must be "older"! LOL!
Your blog is lovely - thank you so much for coming to visit me, and your very nice comments!

Angie said...

Oh Bee, the very same thoughts that I've had lately...and like Nan, I've not only been wondering about the week/weeks BUT the WHOLE year---do you realize how quickly Christmas will be here??? LOL

JANET said...

I sat in my backyard this morning too, for the first time in weeks! A rain shower last night finally cooled things off a bit, so I just sat in the swing beneath the shade tree and petted a neighbor's cat.

Day4plus said...

I try to be laid-back but the time keeps spinning by anyway. It is good to sit down occasionally and just enjoy. MB

Tammy said...

There has been a lot of hurry scurry in our lives this summer...I am looking forward to the slow, cool days of Autumn!
Have a great day!!
:)

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Bon,
Yea, I don't know myself what happened this year, seemed like it was one thing after another. Guess I will be ready for it to slow down some. Don't really remember summers being as busy as this one. Guess it has a lot to do with four Grand Children and the big kids. Thats probably it.
I don't know Bon, maybe you will get some rest by going back to work.
NANCY JO

Alpicks Treasures said...

as we get older are time goes faster. I had projects to do this Summer and of course they did not get done. Have fun with the kids and school.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I can remember when I was younger how slow time moved now that I'm older , man, how fast time moves.lol Hey, I like the hardwood floors. Are you through with the project yet? Hope you and yours have a blessed evening.
Laura

Aunt Jenny said...

This summer DID fly by!! I haven't spent nearly enough time sitting with a book on my patio like I planned, or fishing and eating sunflower seeds either!! Hmmm..Maybe I can make it a summery Sept. If it dosn't rain tomorrow too!!! I loved the picture!!