Thursday, August 23, 2007

Famine to Feast

My energy level and ambition are not always on an even keel!! I go from barely keeping up with the bare necessities to going whole hog!! I've really tried to change that about myself but so far no good. Anyhow it's been an ambitious week. I cleaned and organized my sewing area. That was inspired by my Aunt who is coming for a visit and a pillow case sewing lesson this Saturday. Tuesday I tackled my bedroom or should I say, the room everything gets thrown into! I sorted, filed, put away and threw out...isn't there a TV show about all that? I even got the table topper finished for my night stand...



Now all that stuff needed to be done. Well except for maybe the sewing...that was an added bonus! But last night I got really crazy, I started ripping up carpet! Never done it before in my life, but I've peaked under a couple corners in the hall and livingroom and was convinced there were the same hardwood floors underneath as in the diningroom. Suddenly, around 5:00 pm tools came out and the ripping up began! It was actually fun to do a little destruction! My son even joined in. We started small, just ripping up the the hallway and cutting it away from the livingroom. I tell you what, after seeing the dust fly from the carpet and pad and the piles underneath, I will never carpet if I can avoid it again! EWWWWWWW! I like to vacuum too but obviously vacuums aren't all their cracked up to be!




You can see off to the right is the livingroom, boy there are going to be alot of tacks to pull up in there! DH called this morning from work and told me not to start because he wanted to help! WooHoo!!!

Well, I'm off...we'll see what fun projects I can find today!

~Blessings!

5 comments:

Brightmeadowfarms said...

I hate cleaning, but love it when it's done!

Tracy said...

Love the runner. It looks like your hardwood is in good shape. Yea!!!!

Day4plus said...

Glad you are better, even if it turned into an energetic cleaning phase. Ripping up carpet--are you bonkers, girl--just kidding. It is nice to have pretty wood floors.
Take care, MB

Amy said...

those floors look great. you are going to love it!

Unknown said...

Glad to see your feeling better, and I love that runner too, very pretty! I also love to re-do rooms and tackle demo jobs like that rug, I love wood floors!!