The glasses on the top shelf are from my friend, Michelle, and another set from my MIL. The glass bowls on the middle shelf are pieces my mom gave me as house warming gifts.
As I have mentioned before, spring has snuck up on me. The weeds really thought they had me beat. So this weekend I have tried to show my gardens a little TLC. I can't really describe the mood I've been in; it's not the lethargic "I don't care" attitude, but it's more like "I get started and it exhausts my brain too fast" place right now. But the gardens need to get done, nature soothes me, my flowers make me smile. So today was the day:
The flowers were kind enough to show up even though I've been a poor hostess!
I did get this bed cleaned up and covered with mulch today, and Mr. Frog was so happy to have some fresh mulch to perch on, and a new rose bush friend to guard!
Thank you again for your prayers. We had more sad news today as my dad's uncle passed away this morning. As a school friend I have reconnected with on facebook writes: You just gotta keep livin' , man. L-I-V-I-N !
8 comments:
I am sure that the sudden death of your father will take even longer to overcome. It is so different when you know they are suffering and expected to go as some of the grieving has already taken place. The first year is always so difficult as you pass so many 1st dates.
The china cabinet is just lovely. It will be treasured forever.
And....your flowers are all looking so pretty. I need the time to get out into my garden as well.
Bonnie, your Dad is always with you, I hope you find comfort in that someday soon. The china cabinet is lovely! Garden therapy sure does work wonders! Hugs!!
Bonnie
When my dh lost his mom it took a good year to feel like he could live his life again and that was a sickness and we knew the outcome. His dad keeps busy but it affects everyday life. You may never feel the same and that is ok. I know it is hard and I wish I could tell you it gets better but it doesn't.
Bless your Mom what a lovely gift.
More then a bad year for you. I think it has a lot to do with baby boomer years.
Sorry to hear about your Dad's Uncle. (((((((((Hugs))))))))
Hey Bonnie---good to hear from you. Ya know---take all the time you need to grieve. Dave has been gone a year and a half now but I still shake my fist at him and say 'what did you do that for'. Always remember the good things and know he is always with you. Dave like to take drives a see all the hawks so when I drive down the road and see a hawk I say "ok Dave thanks for looking out for me". And then we laugh. I hope anyway.
Love the china cabinet. What a wonderful mom. Then again she just loves her daughter.
Your garden is getting along better than mine. Weeding is not my thing at all----but I gotta get out there. I have an Aligator hiding in my weeds and he wants to see what's going on and can't.
Stop by anytime. MB
There you are! I had lost you when my daughter redid my blog page... all my favorites were wiped out. I'm slowly finding everyone again. I'm so sorry about your dad passing away. Your new hutch is gorgeous!!! Your garden is pretty; why don't you plant something special in memory of your dad? Have a great day!
Hi Bon,
Glad to see you are on the way to a better place. It will take time but you will get there.
Your new cabinet is beautiful, and your outside work is going great. I love playing in the dirt. You should have seen me when I was little, well maybe not, it was pretty scary.But anyway I 'm happy to see your post. Keep your eye on the light.
NANCY JO
Your garden is beautiful. You are in my prayers daily. We can relate to how you are feeling, as Matt's brother died 3 weeks ago. During this time we are flooded with the past emotions of his parents passing away. If you need anything give me a call. We can sit and chat about old times.
Heads up and be strong. Were thining of you. Take Care
Post a Comment