Thursday, February 05, 2009

A New Favorite

My family loves peanut butter, DH & DD especially. I wanted something special for DD's 16th birthday and found this recipe. It was a big hit.

PEANUT BUTTER POUND CAKE
1C Butter, softened
2C Sugar
1C Light Brown Sugar, packed
1/2C Creamy Peanut Butter
5 Eggs
1T Vanilla Extract
3C Flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1C Whipping cream

Cream butter & sugar fluffy. Add brown sugar & peanut butter; beat thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition, stir in vanilla. Sift together the dry ingredients and add alternately with whipping cream. Pour into a lightly greased & floured tube pan. Bake @ 325 degrees for one hour or until tests done



PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
1/4C Butter, softened
1/8 t salt
5 to 6 T milk
1/3 C creamy peanut butter
16 oz box powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth


Enjoy!

8 comments:

Nancy Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh dear, there goes all my willpower. I believe I can even smell the peanut butter.

It really does sounds amazingly good.

Smiles,
Lea

Unknown said...

Oh I must try this one.. Sounds wonderful. I don't know how I did this but I thought I had already signed that I was following your blog.. So I just did it.. Nice blog posts,

Jean said...

We all love peanut butter too! Must try this. Jean

ladybug loves lilacs said...

Sounds delicious! I bet she enjoyed her birthday as well as her cake.

cinnamongirl said...

Yun we like peanut butter too going to try your recipe

Alpicks Treasures said...

Sounds good. Hows it going over there? Keeping warm?

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to make this one, my bunch loves peanut butter, thank so much for sharing Bonnie and it's been fun chatting with you on Facebook too! Happy Valentines Day!