Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Little Time Off

It's been a long, long, time! I miss you all. Something just HAD to give and it was the computer time. Everything has been fine. I went through a little bought of sadness and reflection earlier on. I guess it was beginning to come out in my Ponderings blog and went to a deeper level for a bit; healthy stuff mostly. Pruning, what needs to stay, what needs to go. Priorities. Shedding the parts of me that don't fit.



Anyhoo, I went from this deep thinking time to PUPPY!!! Oh she is simply delightful! Busy, rambunctious, intelligent, mischievous, adorable, cuddly.... and tons of fun and WORK! I am uploading pictures now, because with a new baby in the house, there just hasn't been the time!! That is exactly what getting this darling has been like, having a newborn!! The first TWO weeks were pretty much sleepless!!! But all she has to do is look at you with that darling face and all is well.



So, am I on summer vacation you ask? Well, my friends, the days of my leisurely summers off are coming to an end. Very odd, how I at a mere 35 years old had been in such a rut; gotten quite used to year after year without change. I had also settled for a "this is as far as I can go, I'm lucky to get here" mentality. God had other plans. My career as a teacher's aid came to a sudden end this week when I got a call from the County Clerk's Office. I had taken a civil service exam almost a year ago, at the same time that I applied for the aid position. I had pretty much put it out of my mind. So don't they call this week? And don't I set up an interview and hour and a half after my last moments of the school year? And Friday, my first day of vacation, don't they call and hire me? YUP! The teacher's aid position was a great step, but there were many days I felt like either a fish out of water or and underpaid teacher doing the work while actual teacher is reading the newspaper. We shalt not go there, because I was prepared to deal with the good and the bad (which EVERY job has) and be back there with a smile on in September. The job with the county though, is an offer I can not refuse.

As I type this I am shaking in my boots!! I am in awe of the rollercoaster I've been on and a bit nervous about starting a job where I know NOONE and everything is SO new. I haven't had a job outside of my hometown in 14 years!! I start July 7th, so also for the first time in 14 years I will be working a summer. The little kid in me is bummed to be leaving the pup behind, but the adult knows this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Praise God!

Organized! I have to be REALLY organized, and find quilting time, and kid time and this time and that time!!! LOL! What and adventure. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I won't have much blogging time. But don't give up on me! And those of you who have my addy, drop me a line and I'll be sure to get back to you.


Let me share some pictures now.
Here is Gman with Mandi on her first day home:

14 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

Congratulations on the new job! I'm so excited for you.

I'll see you around. :)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

So good to hear from you. Congratulations on the new job. Your first day is on my wedding anniversary! Glad to know you are doing well.

Amy said...

so that is what it looks like when you delete your comment. i had mispelled glad and wanted to change it. now it looks like i took back something i said :)

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Congrats on the new job. I really hate hearing that you are leaving the school. If only the schools had more caring teachers like yourself then our kids wouldn't be lost in the system. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

Nancy Jo said...

HI BON,
ISN'T THAT PUPPY A CUTIE PIE!! So glad you got her, him. It is like having a new baby, well because thats just what a new pet is. But well worth the work.
Oh a new job, how exciting. What is it you will be doing? Is it far from your house? You will have all the Holidays off that will be nice and the weekends right? Let us know all about it.
NANCY JO

Needled Mom said...

What an adorable little puppy.

What an exciting period of absence you have had. Best of all with the new job. It will certainly keep you busy this summer.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my ~ what wonderful changes are taking place in your life! I just got a new 10 week old puppy this week too. And I certainly identify with the newborn scenerio! He is finally sleeping tonight ~ whew!

Congratulations on your new job. What perfect timing for you! The Lord has wonderful things in store for you my friend!

Hugs,
Lea

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm just so happy for you --- new puppy, new job, new life!!!!! What a combination! I left a comment on your other blog, but thought I would come over here, too! I love to read your Ponderings, etc., and hope you keep it up! But family and jobs come first, I know!

Thanks again for your sweet words on my blog! It meant all the world to me!!!!

Cora

Mary L. Briggs said...

Congrats on the new job!! I'm so happy for you. What a cute puppy!

R~Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey there Bonnie! Hadn't seen or heard from you in a while and thought I'd check in with your life. How exciting! A new opportunity! You'll do fine. Just wait and see. Make sure to keep us posted! Can't wait to hear more about it. Take special care, Rebekah

Unknown said...

Won't ever give up on you dear friend, I'll be back to see how you are doing. The puppy is cute! Congratulations on the new job and journey, and don't worry, you will make new friends fast! Hugs!!

Tina Leavy said...

congrats on the new job and the new puppy.
hope it all works out very well for you.
hope you have a good week.
Tina

Alpicks Treasures said...

Were thinking about you. Have a nice weekend.