Friday, October 26, 2007

True Friends

Yes, I've been busy, Yes, I've been tired, but it is oh so fulfilling. Aggravating too, some days. You know the days, when you are talking to or watching a child or sometimes even other adults, and they just don't realize the opportunities and potential they have. They look at their past circumstances and don't see any possibility for change in the future. That just breaks my heart the most about some of these kids. They have no hope. My prayer is that somehow I can help them see things differently.

I've been on line blogging and visiting MaryJane's Farm for about a year now. I can't believe I haven't looked up my exact anniversary, but I guess I'm just too tired. I never expected it all to be so life-changing. I have had the opportunity to meet so many beautiful, talented, inspiring women. Friends that encourage and care. I've also found an unlimited outlet for the part of me that likes, no NEEDS, to create and give. I have questioned myself over the last year about why my on-line friends seem to appreciate that part of me more than most of my friends here at home. The best answer I can come up with is because we came here looking for each other. We are like-minded women who were blessed to find something more.
A particular situation has touched me this week. I won't name names and I hope this story is ok to post. Those involved have the ability to let me know immediately if it's a problem. A friend that I met here in cyber space about a year ago has been dealing with an illness. She has touched many lives with her generousity and caring, so another friend went to work and collected quilt squares from those of us who sew and know friend #1. You should all see the beautiful quilt that was borne from this love. And now it wraps our dear friend with our love and prayers. I can't get over that. I know that other gals that aren't quilters have sent lots of cards and other goodies. We've all never met, but we care that much.
I really, truly thank you all for being a part of my life. With my new schedule, I don't get to visit as often, but I find that my friends here are still important to me.
~Blessings

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your post is very moving, what a wonderful thing for you all to have done. True friends!

Mary L. Briggs said...

Hi Bonnie, sounds as if your life is busy, busy~in a good way! I was so happy to see you commenting over on my blog. I'm glad you approve of my Christmas-ing early! I haven't been posting as much lately~life gets in the way sometimes! So glad you are doing well.

Like you, I've loved all the friends that I've met on-line and appreciate the love and encouragement that they always have for whatever is going on.

Have a grea day~

R~Mary

Lindah said...

Beautiful post!I've pondered, too, what makes the difference in the online friends vs. the "offline" friends. You have a point in that we all have a common interest and are looking for others with that same interest.

I'm thankful for you, dear lady! What you are doing with those kids and your desire to give them hope just warms my heart more than I can tell.

God bless you and keep you.
Linda H

Angie said...

What a lovely, eloquent post, Bee! I sincerely agree with you about meeting such wonderful caring people through this blogging. I haven't looked to see what my blogaversary is either, but I think it's a year round about now. What a wonderful bunch of new friends I've made---aren't we just the most fortunate of people! :)

Nancy Jo said...

HI BON,
Yes, nice post.Very true about the MARY JANE SITE AND THE GIRLS THERE. I too have got so much positive feed back from them. The things I make and do seem important.
You sure have been busy, guess you will get a little break with the holidays coming, oh yea, forgot, holidays are not usually to restful, well a differnt kind of busy anyway. Its also the favorite time of year for your MOOSE'S.
NANCY JO

TO BECOME said...

Your post touched my heart and I appreciate you sharing your feelings. I am sure your friend feels the love that she is wrapped in and I am sure it means so much to her. I know it would me. Thank you all for being so giving and thoughtful. connie from Texas

Unknown said...

Bonnie, you ARE a writer and you said just what my heart feels about the girls at the farm, they are true blessings, you included! Hugs!